Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Install Dolphin on Ubuntu 12.04
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

NirvashType0

Well Hello everyone n.n, im new here but ill wonder someone be able to help me(im apologize if im writing this in the wrong place) i dont know how install the emulator in Ubuntu, im new using the system and well..............like a new user i need make many questions, so ill wait for help thxx!!!!
Try searching around first before making a topic here, next time.

This guide should help you. The process should be pretty simple if you follow the instructions. If you still have issues, post them here with your console output.

NirvashType0

(06-01-2012, 05:07 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Try searching around first before making a topic here, next time.

This guide should help you. The process should be pretty simple if you follow the instructions. If you still have issues, post them here with your console output.

Wow that was fast =D really i apreciate n.n, i solve the situation, it works and thx again for help.....Yeah i tryed to search here in the forum in the search box but i didnt find anything, i guess i didnt search in the right way but thx!
The instruction is a little out of date for Ubuntu 12.04, you need to replace:
-->libreadline5-dev, with libreadline-gplv2-dev

I just built from git on ubuntu 12.04 myself

omeda11

(06-01-2012, 10:15 AM)cluthz Wrote: [ -> ]The instruction is a little out of date for Ubuntu 12.04, you need to replace:
-->libreadline5-dev, with libreadline-gplv2-dev

I just built from git on ubuntu 12.04 myself

Thank you sooooo much! i spent the last hour trying to build it to no avail.
This was the problem (i figured it was but i didnt know how to fix it).
But this fixed it.
I created this account just to thank you. Big Grin
Did yall have to do anything special to get realmote to work? I have trendnet bluetooth adapter. Dolphin does not recognize wiimote. Not sure what to do Sad
(09-29-2012, 03:28 AM)sirkingchase Wrote: [ -> ]Did yall have to do anything special to get realmote to work? I have trendnet bluetooth adapter. Dolphin does not recognize wiimote. Not sure what to do Sad

Just install cwiid or wii packpages from the software center, wminput, cwiid, and the graphical interface, and will work fine.
Dolphin doesn't need any of these-.- Dolphin just needs a working bluez stack.
Yeah I had a WII plus remote that was RVL-CNT-01-TR, apparently those do not work.

I was freaking out thinking it was Ubuntu or my hardware. They should really put that into the start up guide for reference that these wiiMotes dont work.
It does work... It just takes patience to set up.
Pages: 1 2