Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Could my PC run Wii games ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

tatsumaki

My specs are :
Processor : Intel core i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20 GHz
Ram 8.0 GHz
Graphics Card : AMD Radeon HD 6700M Series
PC games like Final Fantasy XIV and Tera usually run fine without lag but when I run Wii games on Dolphin like Sonic colors I barely get 40 FPS..
What settings should I choose to run games better ?
I'm using dolphin 3.0-682 version BTW
Have a look to this thread http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23475
You got a different processor but the situation is quite similar
Err... did you read this? -> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=22118

Your information are insufficient.

*Reported*

tatsumaki

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit.. I want to run games at full speed or at least 90%.. at 720p or 1080p if possible
The games that I currently want to play are resident evil archives, sonic adventure 2 battle and sonic colors.
what kind of information did I miss to post ?
@Tatsumaki : Have you read the thread I linked?
All that was said in this thread could be applied to you so just read
@ Tatsumaki - In your first post, you forgot to post which games you wanted to play. Sonic Adventure 2: Battle should play just fine with your hardware. Just a guess, but I think you'll do well with Resident Evil Archives as well.

For Sonic Colors, where do you get 40 FPS? The game is 60 FPS for menus, and 30 FPS for actual game play (NTSC), so if you're running around as Sonic @ 40 FPS, you're going faster than the game is supposed to run.
60FPS doesn't always mean full speed
PAL : 50 FPS or 25 FPS max
NTSC-US /JAP : 60 FPS or 30 FPS max
Sonic Color is locked at 25 or 30 FPS same as The Last Story , Xenoblade....
Meant to mention that 60/30 FPS applies only to NTSC games, just having internet connection problems with my posts. :p

tatsumaki

I'm getting 23-25 fps and 75-85% speed on sonic colors and 20-21 fps and 60-64% speed on resident evil do I need to change my settings to make them run better ? or is this the best that my PC can do ?
and what settings should I use ?
Speed Hack : Right-click the game inside "dolphin game list" - Properties - Enable "Vbeam"
Pages: 1 2