Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: directory needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
whenever i try to run an iso dolphin opens a window asking for a directoy in which there's all my folders

i've tried opening all of them but nothing happen!
i can't even find a way to disinstall and reintall everything

it was perfectly working, then i moved the folder into another hd, since then always the same problem

can you tell me what to do?
Goto Config -> Paths and add your folder where your games are located.

(05-29-2012, 07:00 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Goto Config -> Paths and add your folder where your games are located.

thanks for the reply...
but it doesn't work

as directory iso i put all my hd but it always redirect me to the same window for "add a directory"
Have you compressed your games? If you have it won't work. If you haven't what are their extensions? .wbfs for example won't work
the games worked properly
then i moved the folder with dolphin in another hd
form that moment on every iso (the only ext i'm using) direct me to a window asking a directory without running the game

i tried moving again the folder with dolphin to the original place
and again and again
but always the same

i tried giving it several directoy in config->path but it doesn't work either

i'm trying to find a way for disinstall dolphin and install it again, but i am not successiding in it too
i'm desperate!
Try to start a game with File/Open (or just with the Open button)
when i start dolphin a window says:

could not set current working directory (error123:name sintax file or directory or volume is not correct)

i push the OK buttom and here we are again, trying to load a iso (yes, even with open file...)
Could you post a screenshot with the error message visible?

What is the external HD model and brand?
Could you also give us the exact path to the Dolphin .exe?
eg: X:/Emulation/Dolphin/Dolphin.exe

Also, can you download a fresh copy of Dolphin from the main site, extract it on your internal drive and try to run it?
See if you also get this message.
One thing : How is named your actual disk and how is named the other one? If you're using the same letters the emulator might have been disturbed
i tried the dummiest think ever and it worked: i put all the iso and the emulator where they were!
it seems that it recognizes the position and the files themselves!

if i move something again it doesn't work
i think it's strange...i can not put files in another directory otherwise it crushes!

thanks for all the help