Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Ok guys i need your help (Laptop model recommendation)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm getting a laptop in like 1 month from now, i'll be using this laptop for like 4-5 months then i'll build my desktop pc.

Thing is, i really want to play my old GC and Wii games (GC died a long time ago and i sold my Wii for beer one night LOL), but i also don't want to spend a lot on the laptop, so basically this is my situation:

*I Want to play GC and Wii oldies (my old WW,TP,Sonic AB2,SMBM,SMBB,THPS3,Okami and XenoBC disks).

*I also want to play a game called The Secret World, so i guess a "decent" dedicated GPU is a must (no hd 3000).

*Altough i don't want to spend a lot on it, i don't want to go lower than a i5 mobile cpu.

*Buget is around $900-$1000.
$1100 REALLY pushing it.
It may seem like a high budget for some people but i'll be using this same laptop for school and some modeling software in the future so i kinda need something along those lines

*forgot to add: no sager or xotic bc im not in the US Sad, any other laptop model is fine Big Grin.

So if you guys happen to know any laptop model that meet the above requirements or know about good mobile GPU/CPU combos please let me know so i can make some kind of research.

I know nothing about mobile CPU/GPUs so im literally begging you!

thank you
Okami need a high-performance overclocking processors . So I recommend any i5 or i7 that can turbo to 3.3Ghz on 2 cores or higher (Dual Core i7 is a must)
Nvidia GT 525M / 540M / 630M or AMD 6630M / 6650M / 7670M are good enough for 2.5x IR (1600x1320) , no AA , 16x AF
BTW where do you live ?
I live in Mexico City, Mexico, hence the bad english sometimes xD.

I could live without Okami if necesary... Sad.

Do you know which brands are good for laptops like these?

I've heard hp pavillions overheats fast and that toshiba have bad customer support.

Thx for fast answer!

Asus G series or MSI G series (G = Gaming design = Good Cooling Design)
You buy it at local store ? online purchasing ? Any website you know ?
Thanks again, i'm not sure where im going to buy the laptop, it can be at a local store or online.

Online has more variety so maybe i will end up buying it online.

Been browsing a bit and i found an i5 430m/gts 360m asus combo real cheap.. but again i know nothing about mobile cpu/gpu performance..
don't know if this dx10 128mbit ddr3 gpu would do...
Most cheap laptop tend to overheat when dolphin is running
i5 430m is old and slow
You might look at something like this :
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6834152338