Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Solved] PC as console replacement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,

A friend of mine wants to use his old Windows XP PC as a replacement for his consoles, mostly for his Nintendo 64 since it started to have automatic shutdowns but he also wants to use Dolphin for some GC games. I wanted to ask you guys if you had some tips and tricks to achieve the best performance, e.g. by disabling services and the like.

Any help would be much appreciated.

P.S. I don't know if this is the right forum, so feel free to move the thread, mods^^
(05-29-2012, 03:54 AM)dEnigma Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there,

A friend of mine wants to use his old Windows XP PC as a replacement for his consoles, mostly for his Nintendo 64 since it started to have automatic shutdowns but he also wants to use Dolphin for some GC games. I wanted to ask you guys if you had some tips and tricks to achieve the best performance, e.g. by disabling services and the like.

P.S. I don't know if this is the right forum, so feel free to move the thread, mods^^

Do you think "old Windows XP PC" is enough information to go on? N64, probably fine, GC/Wii, not a chance with a single core rig (guessing that's what it is). Also, there are no magical tips or service disabling tricks that will help run games that need a powerful processor. You should know this already, I think.

(05-29-2012, 04:03 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-29-2012, 03:54 AM)dEnigma Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there,

Do you think "old Windows XP PC" is enough information to go on? N64, probably fine, GC/Wii, not a chance with a single core rig (guessing that's what it is). Also, there are no magical tips or service disabling tricks that will help run games that need a powerful processor. You should know this already, I think.

Sorry, I should've phrased that more clearly. What I meant was tips for configuring a PC so as to be comfortably used as a console replacement, removing unneeded services and such. But nevermind, him and I already configured it and it works like a charm^^ We used a customized nlite-installation I created, but only tried Project64 so far. So you can close/ delete this thread.