Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The fastest settings for dolphin 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

darkzack235

Can anyone tell me the fastest settings for my computer?

Info:
Graphics:AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
Processor:AMD Athlon II P320 Dual Core 2.10GHz
Ram:3GB
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64
Revision: 2.0
Oh, and I use a laptop.[/size][/font]
Depends on the game, but you'll get many bugs on 2.0 anyway. You really need to buy a new computer, as that one is somewhat useless for dolphin.

darkzack235

its fast enough to run plenty of games at good speed (full speed alot) but I want it to have that boost (And the game I am playing is Animal Crossing)

I AM getting another computer as soon as it is done getting a better graphics card and 8gb ram Tongue

3.0 gives me a black screen (Up to the r7500s is where it works for me)
Post your current settings as screenshots, then.
You need to find out why 3.0 is giving you a black screen, that is not normal and shouldn't be happening. Either way, there are no magical settings that will make your processor better than what it is, and that's what it will take to run games better. I had that laptop a few years ago, it's horrible for any kind of gaming.

darkzack235

I just found out Big Grin It was because the game doesn't support OpenGL (So I switch to Direct3D) and it works. Decent speed too... and I know... I know its bad... I'm stuck with it for now... and my settings are actually at their defaults...
Quote:It was because the game doesn't support OpenGL

That doesn't make any sense. OpenGL is a API used by dolphins video backend, it has nothing to do with the game.

darkzack235

OpenGL works on all other games exept Animal Crossing... on Animal Crossing, when the train pops up the screen gets covered in black (except for a small strip on the bottom)
Still, your first sentence doesn't make sense. I think you mean the OpenGL backend doesn't work with that game on newer revisions, which is probably your GPU's fault.
It could just be a bug in dolphins code.