Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: is the HD3000 enough for full speed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i've got a little question here. I'm thinking about a build recently. So currently I'm able to get a 2500k with a z68 mobo, and save a few months for a sick GPU, or go for a p67 mobo with a 2500k and a 6750 GDDR5 1gb video card.

I'm fine with the lowest resolution and specs but the question is. Is that beast of a CPU (overclocked) going to get full speed on mario galaxy 2/metroid etc with that hd 3000...

I don't mind the crappy graphics for a few months at all as long as i can get full speed.
The Intel HD Grahpics GPU can only handle the native resolution of the Wii (480p). If you want to play in HD or FullHD, you need a more powerful GPU (and not an integrated one).

but yeah, with the i5-2500k, you're able to play all games nearly at fullspeed. You just have to overlock it to 4.4/4.5 GHz Wink
(05-26-2012, 01:39 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]The Intel HD Grahpics GPU can only handle the native resolution of the Wii (480p). If you want to play in HD or FullHD, you need a more powerful GPU (and not an integrated one).

but yeah, with the i5-2500k, you're able to play all games nearly at fullspeed. You just have to overlock it to 4.4/4.5 GHz Wink

That was the answer i was looking for, thanks mate. Also what's your opinion, should i go for the p67 +hd6750 +2500k or go with a z68 and wait a few months and get a 6870/560 TI
The HD 6870 should be enough for 4x IR (more than FullHD Big Grin).

Well, you should get the Z68 MoBo - P67 is not able to upgrade to Ivy Bridge (if you want to upgrade anytime) Wink
(05-26-2012, 01:43 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]The HD 6870 should be enough for 4x IR (more than FullHD Big Grin).

Well, you should get the Z68 MoBo - P67 is not able to upgrade to Ivy Bridge (if you want to upgrade anytime) Wink

Thanks Smile
you're welcome Wink

but be careful, not all Z68 MoBo's support Ivy Bridge CPUs.