Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Tales of Symphonia NO sound on save load
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if this is a known issue, but for some reason when I load up a specific save file on ToS the game tosses me in with no sound?

I went to a save from a previous time in the game where it loaded with sound. I then preceded to play all the way to the same spot where the other save with no sound was and saved again. Now there is sound? (in the new save) so confirmed it's not the spot in the game.

Can someone shed some light on this issue? I'm worried that later into the game I'll save and end up not having sound making me have to restart back.
What do your Dolphin settings look like, specifically your DSP settings? Are you using LLE audio and still getting this issue? HLE might be a bit iffy for this game, but LLE has been perfect for me so far in this game. Changing between audio backends might not help at all, but it doesn't hurt to see if that does something for you.

A bigger question I must ask is what kind if saving are you using, save states or the emulated memory card? If you're using save states, those are known to cause freezing with this game, but it wouldn't surprise me if it also caused the audio to drop completely during loading. The emulated memory card should do fine, on the other hand. You can always start to save with the emulated memory card at any time, so I wouldn't worry about lost progress. Even if you save while the audio's cut out, restarting Dolphin and loading from the memcard should force it to correctly resume.
I'm not sure what you mean by "save states" and "emulate memory card" which is which? When I talk about saves I mean the out of game emulator save. The one that pops you right back into play. Also I am using LLE Audio, I switched it when i started. without it the audio is super glitchy. even now it's not perfect, but it's MUCH better than before.
What you are talking about are save states. They're not 100% safe and sometimes have problems, fix it by saving the game properly (i.e. go to a save point) and reloading it normally instead of using save states.
(05-25-2012, 04:58 PM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]What you are talking about are save states. They're not 100% safe and sometimes have problems, fix it by saving the game properly (i.e. go to a save point) and reloading it normally instead of using save states.

ok, thanks for the info. I didn't know the emulator saves had issues.