Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is this computer good enough to run Sonic Adventure DX or anything really?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay so I've looked around and I know that a lot of components of my computer are absolute crap, but I still gotta ask, because I used to have a much worse video card than this, yet before I still got from around 80 to 99% on all of my games including this one. I don't know if it was because I had found the Godly version of Dolphin or not, but my Dolphin used to run really well, and now it most certainly does not.
Now I do have some overclocking options and a program to overclock for me as long as control the fan

Graphics Card : Radeon HD 6570 1GB DDR3
Processor: AMD Athlon™ II X2 240 Processor
RAM: 2.1 Gigs

As the program states I have a GPU of 670 MHz and it can overclock to 804, now I'm not too literate on this subject nor hardware so I'm just sorta quoting this. The memory is 800 MHz, and it can go up to 960 MHz.

Right now my fan is running at 40% and obviously it can go up to 100%. I'm guessing that this program is overclocking for this video card, as it came with the video card.

So this is my computer. I'd just like to ask, if it can't run SADX is there anything it can run on Dolphin? What about Animal Crossing?

Edit: Also to add, can anybody suggest a version of Dolphin or some settings to run games faster in general? I know there are a ton of version considering I've been using this emulator for two years, but I'd like some outside opinions.
Luckily for you sonic adventure and animal crossing are both very lightweight games. If you overclock your cpu you might be able to.

Quote:I'm guessing that this program is overclocking for this video card, as it came with the video card.

Well obviously.

I would suggest that you read some overclocking guides before attempting any overclocking.
(05-21-2012, 02:16 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Luckily for you sonic adventure and animal crossing are both very lightweight games. If you overclock your cpu you might be able to.

Quote:I'm guessing that this program is overclocking for this video card, as it came with the video card.

Well obviously.

I would suggest that you read some overclocking guides before attempting any overclocking.

Well I wouldn't just attempt to overclock it if I didn't know what I was doing first. Tongue