Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gamecube Games on an Old Machine! Is it Possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
LOL at my specs Big Grin

Compaq Presario SR2039X
Athlon 64 3700+ 2.2 GHz
GeForce 6150 LE [has to get changed out right?]
1GB @ PC-3200
Windows XP

Is it possible to get gamecube games running at full speed on this old yeller? Maybe the lowest settings possible? I know I am pushing the bare minimum on this rig, but I think I have an extra PCIe nividia card around here something... I could upgrade the ram, but I doubt I would bottleneck at that.

Any advice or tips on settings would be greatly appreciated?

Games: Sunshine, Pikmin 1 & 2, Luigi Mansion, Soul Calibur 2? [Also taking advice on other good games!]
AMD Athlon? No way... too outdated for Dolphin even for the less demanding games.
Overclocking is also an option but you'd be better off with a new PC
Full speed? And with that card? Forget that Undecided
I can drop a new card in there, that won't be a problem. Though, how bad is the processor? Will I be bottleneck at the CPU? Is it only the CPU & GPU? Thanks guys so far for the information.
Both the CPU and the GPU are too weak for Dolphin.

(05-20-2012, 07:53 PM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]Overclocking is also an option but you'd be better off with a new PC

^ This

Ok, sounds like I have no hope. Thanks guys for the information!
you're welcome Wink
You can try to play Gradius and Contra ReBirth, Muramasa, Wario World, Megaman X Command Mission, but yeah, except Gradius and Muramasa games will be slow. And that's with discrete video card (6600GT 256M).
Your computer is weaker than mine. Forget about any hopes of getting full speed.
Pages: 1 2