Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Boot from extracted files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As of Dolphin 3.0-632 It reads "Fix DVD root path for Wii games. Now Wii games can be booted using extracted files instead of a disc image."

Anyone know how set Dolphin up to do this? I do a lot of brawl hacking so it would be very convenient to do this and it would be a lot faster than using WiiScrubber.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm using 3.0-633
Options->Configure->Paths->DVD Root
(05-20-2012, 02:21 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]Options->Configure->Paths->DVD Root
Ummmm... I feel kinda stupid but what do I do after that?

Edit: I put in the directory with the extracted files but what do I do after that?
Okay I think I set this up right however even though I have SSBB as the default iso I get this error
[attachment=7719]
Brawl also doesn't appear in the wii menu even though it's the default iso
[attachment=7720]
iirc, ssbb checks the game id. To use the extracted contents you probably need to change the unique id in this file from "AGBJ01" to the unique id for the version of ssbb you are using and recompile.

for the other problem the default iso and installed system menu must be the same region.
(05-20-2012, 05:51 AM)LPFaint99 Wrote: [ -> ]iirc, ssbb checks the game id. To use the extracted contents you probably need to change the unique id in this file from "AGBJ01" to the unique id for the version of ssbb you are using and recompile.

for the other problem the default iso and installed system menu must be the same region.
*dies*

I think I'll just stick with WiiScrubber. I spent many days suffering trying to compile dolphin and in the end I was only able to compile the 32-bit builds and when you try to play a game it crashes immediately.

About the region: I ripped my Wii Menu from the North American version of Xenoblade Chronicles and all of my games are North American so I have no idea how there could be a region conflict.
well, I tested that change and it still is failing the ssbb protection, in case anyone else tries it and wonders why it doesn't work.

I also just tested ssbb ntsc as the default iso on the 4.3 ntsc system menu and it still shows here, not sure why it doesn't work for you,