Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to make my xenoblade copy into an ISO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For use on Dolphin? I have the actual copy and im trying to make it work into an ISO but i'm not really tech savvy
You need a hacked wii or supported drive http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=2900
If you have a wii, put the homebrew channel on it (doesn't matter how), and use this to run cleanrip to make an .iso on a SD card or USB drive.

If you don't, then either buy one, do the above to a friend's wii, or get hold of a rawdump compatible drive to dump it directly onto your PC.
(05-20-2012, 12:39 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]If you have a wii, put the homebrew channel on it (doesn't matter how), and use this to run cleanrip to make an .iso on a SD card or USB drive.

If you don't, then either buy one, do the above to a friend's wii, or get hold of a rawdump compatible drive to dump it directly onto your PC.

Yea I have a wii. Forgive my stupidity. What's homebrew?
You should search the internet or the forums. The answer's there if you look for it. Use your Google-Fu next time. Wink

Anyway, I'll just elaborate on what Zee and AnyOldName said. You can use some special DVD drives and a program called RawDump to get the games without ever having to use a console. That's detailed in this thread, but as you can see, only very limited number of drives are capable of doing this, and most are found on sites like eBay now.

The other option is to use your Wii to dump the games. You can use the Homebrew Channel to run CleanRip which will take care of the dumping for you. Learn more about it here. I know this method doesn't have a stickied thread in the Support forum, but it's one of the most common ways to dump your games.
homebrew is any software made for wii, but not by nintendo. The homebrew channel is the easiest and safest way to run it.

Cleanrip is a program which runs on a wii, and dumps a disk to an .iso.
Ah ok. I'll try to figure out the homebrew channel way.

(05-20-2012, 12:46 AM)shenrai Wrote: [ -> ]Ah ok. I'll try to figure out the homebrew channel way.

For some reason my Sd card can't be inserted into my computer. Just won't go in all the way

its a lenovo ideacentre k330b
(05-20-2012, 12:46 AM)shenrai Wrote: [ -> ]Ah ok. I'll try to figure out the homebrew channel way.

For some reason my Sd card can't be inserted into my computer. Just won't go in all the way

its a lenovo ideacentre k330b

Ok I got it to work. Time to install homebrew if i understand this at all lol