Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can I transfer my Xenoblade save file from my actual wii to Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an actual copy of the game with a save file on my SD card. Is there any way to transfer it to my Dolphin so I can play it without starting over?

I really want to use the texture pack
You can import savegames, bur only if they are in the data.bin format Wink
(05-19-2012, 05:31 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]You can import savegames, bur only if they are in the data.bin format Wink

How would I do that? Keep in mind I'm pretty clueless when it comes to tech stuff
Start Dolphin -> Tools

and then you'll find a option like "Wii Save Import".
(05-19-2012, 05:35 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Start Dolphin -> Tools

and then you'll find a option like "Wii Save Import".

Oh so all I have to do is insert my SD card into my computer and have the tool do it for me? I'm guessing I need to download the actual game for Dolphin as well correct? First time using it
Yeah, insert your SD-Card and choose your savegame. But pls make sure, that your savegame is in the data.bin format.
(05-19-2012, 05:38 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, insert your SD-Card and choose your savegame. But pls make sure, that your savegame is in the data.bin format.

Ok thanks. Now to look for the actual game to play on dolphin.
No, you can dump the game by either using a Wii, or having a 'special' dvd-reader that can read the Wii discs through special software. Do not talk about downloading games, which you have agreed on when you registered.

Transfering your savefiles to your computer is very easy:
First, you'll have to copy the savefile to your SD card.
Put the SD card in your PC and open up Dolphin.
Now in Dolphin, in the topmenu, click on Tools -> Wii Save Import.
Look for the file in the dialog and it should get imported.
Simple as that.
(05-19-2012, 05:40 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]No, you can dump the game by either using a Wii, or having a 'special' dvd-reader that can read the Wii discs through special software. Do not talk about downloading games, which you have agreed on when you registered.

Transfering your savefiles to your computer is very easy:
First, you'll have to copy the savefile to your SD card.
Put the SD card in your PC and open up Dolphin.
Now in Dolphin, in the topmenu, click on Tools -> Wii Save Import.
Look for the file in the dialog and it should get imported.
Simple as that.

Ah ok I shall stop talking about it than. I thought it only applied if you didn't have the game.