Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: tales of symphonia text selection glitch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

lehvakva

i recently tried playing tales of symphonia on dolphin and for the first while it was going fine but after awhile i got to a point that required me to select text (an inn) and when the window came up to give me my selection the game froze but dolphin did not. it still allowed me to load previous states and what not but if at anytime a window were to pop up to give me a choice of things it freezes. initially i figured it was just a random glitch that would be fixed by restarting the emulator but alas that did not fix it. im just wondering if anyone else has ran into this glitch or know of a way to fix it.
Is this what is happening? Try loading from a game save instead of a savestate like the comment says if you aren't already.

lehvakva

(05-18-2012, 01:59 PM)slmpika Wrote: [ -> ]Is this what is happening? Try loading from a game save instead of a savestate like the comment says if you aren't already.

i was loading from a regular save :/
any other ideas? im open to almost anything... im really loving this game
Did you try LLE or another revision of Dolphin?
Can you provide a save from just before the freeze please?

Also, could you confirm the issue also happens with the last Dolphin version (3.0-637)?
What region is the game? NTSC or PAL?
You are using Dolphin 3.0, correct?

lehvakva

so im not sure why this fixed the save but i transfered the save over to a different computer and opened it up and everything worked fine, saved while on that computer transferred back to my gaming comp and now it works just fine. any idea why this would fix it?
Did both computers have the same make/model CPU? If not, let us know what they both have. It might be a JIT instruction difference between the different CPU's.
Or a Dolphin version difference...