Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: speed problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

caosou

laptop: lenovo b575, windows 7
cpu: E300
ram: 4096 MB
video card: unknown but it supports HD if that means anything
game: samurai warriors 3

hi i'm a total noob with this so i apologize if everything i say sounds completely retarded with this stuff so i need some help. my game is only running at an average of 25% speed with average 16 fps. I have dual core, idle skipping, JIT recompiler enabled, fog and lighting disabled. is there anything else i can do or is there a problem with the computer specs? (i know the fact that i don't know my video card looks like the obvious problem but i don't think that's the case, the computer is fairly new as far as i know)

should also note, i have dolphin 3.0 637 and the config and graphics windows don't have the same content as shown on the performance guide and config explanation pages. instead of general, graphics, audio, gamecube, wii, and paths i have general, interface, audio, gamecube, wii and paths. and for graphics i have general, enhancements, hacks, advanced. i got the latest version so are the pages out of date or something?
Your laptop's way too slow to play Dolphin enjoyably. Your CPU's pretty low in terms of power. Dolphin needs fairly decent hardware to run at adequate speeds.

Also note that the performance guide is really outdated. It won't match the options on the newer versions of Dolphin.

caosou

damn, well thanks anyway