Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Non-existant memory card?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Squidbit

I started playing Animal Crossing for gamecube last night, and so far I've paid off my first debt, so I don't really want to start over, but that isn't super important.
I wanted to visit my friend's town who's also playing Animal Crossing on the same emulator, so I figured we would just exchange memory cards, but my problem is, I don't seem to have a memory card with save data for Animal Crossing on it.
I checked all my cards with the memory card manager, I only found Wind Waker files and Super Mario Sunshine files. I deleted a bunch of duplicates just to clean up the messy folder, so now I only have 3 memory cards.
MemoryCardA.EUR, which has Wind Waker on it.
MemoryCardA, which has Sunshine
MemoryCardB.USA, which is my friend's animal crossing save.

But, somehow when I start up my game, it's still pulling my save from somewhere. I tried moving all of the memory cards and SRAM to a folder entirely seperate from my Dolphin folder, but it was still getting my save from somewhere.
I thought "Maybe it's in the cache", so I moved my animal crossing file from that folder somewhere else, too, but it's still getting my save from somewhere.

I checked the directory that it's saving/loading to when I was actually playing the game, it says it's getting it from MemoryCardA.USA, which just plain does not exist.
I checked my backup folder from before I deleted duplicates, and MemoryCardA.USA was there, but it had Super Mario Sunshine on it and nothing else.

This makes no sense to me, where is it getting my save file from, and how do I send that to my friend?

Also, kind of related, the memory card manager doesn't seem to register when I switch memory cards around, it just keeps the old ones in place, so I can't put one in slot B to travel to another town.

Squidbit

Turns out I read the directory wrong, and it was saving to a memory card in some random folder on my desktop for whatever reason, and not the folder in my Dolphin folder.
I guess you can lock/delete this thread or whatever, mystery solved.