Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How good speeds will I get?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, I'm getting an HP Envy 14 and am wondering what kind of speeds I will be able to expect. Here are my specs:
Intel core i5-2410M@2.3Ghz
AMD Radeon HD 6630m 1GB DDR3 video memory
6GB DDR3 Ram

I just want to play some games like Mario Kart Wii and maybe twilight princess.
thanks in advance.
Mariokart should be very playable to fullspeed, and you should get fullspeed indoors in TP, maybe with slowdowns outside, especially in hyrule field.
(05-16-2012, 02:02 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]Mariokart should be very playable to fullspeed, and you should get fullspeed indoors in TP, maybe with slowdowns outside, especially in hyrule field.

Thanks, I was also wondering what kind of speeds I can expect in general for all games. Will most games be playable?
Yeah, but not the heavy ones, like SMG 1/2, Xenoblade, F-Zero etc.
(05-16-2012, 04:31 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, but not the heavy ones, like SMG 1/2, Xenoblade, F-Zero etc.

Also, are Gamecube games easier or harder to emulate than wii games?
Well, i cannot tell you this. Some are harder to emulate, some not. Depends, how always, on the game Wink
(05-16-2012, 05:33 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Well, i cannot tell you this. Some are harder to emulate, some not. Depends, how always, on the game Wink

That. A lot of GC games will work fine on this system (got a laptop with the same specs) except the most demanding ones such as Metroid games for example
Thanks guys. I received my laptop in the mail today and have run into an issue. Dolphin only recognizes my Intel HD 3000 graphics, not my AMD Radeon HD 6630m. How can I fix this?
(05-17-2012, 09:57 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...rol+center

Yes, I already put dolphin as "high performance" in the catalyst control center but dolphin still only shows the intel graphics
Pages: 1 2