Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: im thinking to update my pc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
right now this in my pc
Video Card: ati hd 5770 , Ram 8 GB 1600, and athlon II x2 250
im thinking to update my CPU to an amd fx 4100 3.6 o phenom II X4 965 3.4 , but i dont know which is better for dolphin emulator , i want to play titles like Zelda,
Please which do you think is better and if have another cpu to recommend me is ok for me
pd: if you think that i need to change the vga please tell me which is better for this case

thankTongue
Forget the idea with the Bulldozer aka Faildozer. An Phenom II X4 will perform much better at Dolphin.

btw: If you really want to play games seriously, Intel is the best choice: Z77 MoBo + Intel Core i5-3750k @ 4.0/4.1/4.2 GHz = Fullspeed at nearly all games.

thank you
do you think so that the phenom is better, i read these too
about intel core i5 for the price of the i5 i get a wii console and can to change my cpu too
maybe the core i3 but i dont know for these i need to change the motherboard too and i dont have so money right now
maybe for Christmas
other suggestions
Save up more $ for i5 2500k/3570k, then!
Agreed. Upgrading to a phenom II won't provide enough of a performance increase to be worth it.
(05-15-2012, 04:57 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Forget the idea with the Bulldozer aka Faildozer. An Phenom II X4 will perform much better at Dolphin.

btw: If you really want to play games seriously, Intel is the best choice: Z77 MoBo + Intel Core i5-3750k @ 4.0/4.1/4.2 GHz = Fullspeed at nearly all games.
Try not to debase the integrity of the question with your spiraling accounts of fanaticism. "Bulldozer"? I assure you, we have since dismissed the christen. It wasn't long before Amd decided to transcend that burlesque codename. Wink I, for one, am quite happy with my FX processor. It performs well in PC games, mundane computer tasks, Dolphin, and otherwise. Smile I'm sure you'd know more about bulldozers if you cared to discern past the ruse, as perpetuated by the zeal of the wholesale Intel community.
(05-15-2012, 04:57 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Forget the idea with the Bulldozer aka Faildozer.
he said cryptically
Quote:Try not to debase the integrity of the question with your spiraling accounts of fanaticism. "Bulldozer"? I assure you, we have since dismissed the christen. It wasn't long before Amd decided to transcend that burlesque codename. Wink I, for one, am quite happy with my FX processor. It performs well in PC games, mundane computer tasks, Dolphin, and otherwise. Smile I'm sure you'd know more about bulldozers if you cared to discern past the ruse, as perpetuated by the zeal of the wholesale Intel community.

We rely on benchmarks and reviews. They are the only reliable way to assess whether a microarchitecture is good or not. Bulldozer performs very poorly in single/dual/triple/quad threaded software and even in some highly multithreaded software. It consumes absurd amounts of power and produces absurd amounts of heat especially when OC. As a result it OC surprisingly poorly. Every major review site out there is disappointed with it and so are most users. The only time is ever matches the performance of sandy bridge cpus is in simd heavy multithreaded software that does lots of vector arithmetic on large data sets. And even then it consumes far more power to achieve the same performance. Sandy bridge/ivy bridge is a much better microarchitecture for dolphin at the same price points. The data doesn't lie.