Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Cannot Enable Nvidia Card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

deafritz

Im running Dolphin 3.0 64 bit on Windows 7.

I'm sure that my playing experience would be much better if I could run games on my Video card. When i go into the graphics properties in Dolphin, my only option is the built in Intel 3000 HD graphics. I figured that this was because my laptop runs Optimus and, without the Nvidia card running (which it won't do if there isn't a program running that uses it) it wont show up. So i went into the nvidia control panel and told it to run when dolphin was started. After that Dolphin wouldnt boot at all. i had to force close it and reinstall dolphin to get it to boot.
anybody have an idea on how to fix this? (did a quick search and didnt see anything, but that doesnt mean this hasent been dealt with)

Also, where are the save files stored? Im gonna pull my windwaker save file onto a flash drive before i keep changing things so i don't lose it again :/
Search the forums, there are hunderts of threads with the same question >.>

Thanks.

deafritz

wow, thank you so much for all your help. It obviously would have been WAY too much work for you to, idk, maybe include a link to the search page you obviously checked before posting this.

I did do a search (as i said in my post) and didn't find anything, though possibly because i didnt search the right set of keywords. I have no doubt the answer is here (again, as i said in my post). I guess i'll close my eyes and think reaaaaaaaaally hard and the keywords i'm supposed to search will magic themselves out the end of my fingers and into the servers.

Thank you for helping me curb my laziness with your horrifyingly cookie-cutter answer

On another note, perhaps you could take the stance of "wow, this guy posted enough detail of what he did and some other important details that he probably knows what he's talking about, and he probly is having trouble identifying the problem, more than finding a solution. maybe i can help him by pointing him in the correct direction as opposed to being totally unhelpful". But thats just how i would handle it.
there is no reason to be so impolite -.-

But yeah, here ya go -> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...ia+optimus

(Takes me 5 seconds)
He's right, though, and wasn't being awkward. You do just type in Enable nVidia card or only integrated GPU is available etc.. It's that easy.

deafritz

the reasons for being impolite include:

you obviously knew the answer, but weren't willing to give it to me. Im not here to go on a quest, thats what im playing windwaker for. Im here to get this problem fixed.

You could obviously see the problem i couldn't, but instead of enlightening me, you chose to leave me in the dark. Kind of a shitty thing to do.

Its obvious by my post that i have done some research, and its an annoying problem to have, and then to have someone who knows the answer tell me the answer is here but not tell me where is annoying. Its like when a teacher tells you youre close to an answer, but refuses to help you get to it.

That said, i apologize for my short temper. Quiting smoking, going through a break up, and i just want to play some windwaker. I appreciate your help.

Cheers
okay, okay, i understand you. Anyway, were you now able to solve your problem?

If not, here's an image posted in this thread i referred you -> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/attachment.php?aid=7134

deafritz

im in the process of trying your fix now, but this is the same set of steps i took on my own before doing my initial google search, resulting in dolphin not booting at all and me having to reinstall. I'm going to try it again (as soon as i find the save games file, already restarted windwaker twice), but i have to admit, im not super optimistic