Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Microsoft IME (input method editor) and sudden performance hit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wonder if I am the only person with this issue, or if others get it too...

I know that it's not exactly normal for people to be using IMEs, but here in Japan it's kind of a necessity...
I was playing Mario Kart Wii today and noticed that it had seemingly slowed down for no reason, and I don't mean a little bit either - a lot. I can normally play this game at 100% speed constantly but it was going at about 80-85% speed.
I'd not changed any settings and the computer wasn't overheating or anything similar.
Then I noticed in the top left corner of the screen the IME input box flash up for just a second - I turned off the IME and voila! Full speed again.

Anyway, this isn't a cry for help or anything - it's simple enough to turn the IME on and off, but does anyone else notice this behaviour?
never heard of IME ...
but every software which puts the cpu on heavy stress gives an impact on performance...
I'm using IME-Jap too but i don't have that problem .
Having the same speed after removing IME
Windows 8 Consumer Preview 64bit atm
(05-15-2012, 12:11 AM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]never heard of IME ...
but every software which puts the cpu on heavy stress gives an impact on performance...
I don't think it puts any stress on the CPU at all. It allows you to type double-byte characters on a regular keyboard. It's used to let you type foreign language characters like Japanese, Chinese and Korean.

(05-15-2012, 12:16 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using IME-Jap too but i don't have that problem .
Having the same speed after removing IME
Windows 8 Consumer Preview 64bit atm

I guess it must have just been my system or a coincidence. Thanks for replying!