Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Metroid Prime sound issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Broseidon91

Im having issues with Metroid Prime. it runs great, 50 FPS smooth, no crashes that i am yet aware of, but i have been having sound problems. I had these problems with Echoes as well, but i dont think it was as bad.

Basically, sometimes certain sounds just dont play at all, such as Shrikes or bosses roaring, and other times the music will be too quiet to hear (which i can fix by sliding the music slider up and down, which is a pain). Also, while fighting Flaaghra, during each short cutscene that plays when you bomb the base, i would get another loop of music playing so that by the end i had 3 playing at different intervals in the song until i had beaten. Of course, one of the things that makes Metroid Prime great is its atmosphere, which is part visuals and part sound. With no sound, theres just no atmosphere

I was just wondering if i had overlooked something in my config. I did a bit of searching and nothing seemed to come up

its my first time posting, so please forgive me if i've put this in the wrong forum or forgotten any information
[Image: 2vdlo46.png]
Use LLE
(05-13-2012, 08:18 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Use LLE
Yeah this should help. According to the wiki LLE should help but doesn't completely fix it

You also need dump your dsp to use LLE
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23103

Broseidon91

(05-13-2012, 08:18 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Use LLE

thanks, ill look into this

edit: still having some issues, ive got the files using the reversed iROM that LM1234 made, and i put them in the users/GC/ folder, but the LLE recompiler still fails to launch, says my dsp_rom.bin has an incorrect hash