Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Am I able to run all Game Cube games ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I've been using this emulator for a decent amount of time and am loving it. I do have some slow down from time to time however if i have multiple programs open at once even if just dolphin and firefox. My qestion is simply how can i improve my dolphin's performance.

So Far I've played:
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker: Runs great, shows 30 FPS but doesnt show slow down
Super Smash Brothers Melee: Runs great but some stages especially the more graphic intense ones show slow down at approximately 45fps
Metroid Prime: Runs at a constant 45-50fps but in some of the smaller areas goes up to max fps. The map brings me down to 15fps

My PC Settings:
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64bit (6.1 build 7601)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.5GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GT 2GB dedicated memory
Memory: 4GB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

My Dolphin Settings:
[Image: MyDolphinSettings.jpg]
Short Answer : NO
Long Answer : I list some gamecube games
F-Zero need Core i5 2500k @ 4.4Ghz for single core mode , i3 2120 for dual core mode
Call of Duty Finest Hour need 10Ghz CPU
Star Fox Adventure need i5 2500k (stock speed) for HLE and i5 2500k @ 4.4Ghz for LLE
and so on ....For more info , please check the dolphin wiki

Your GPU (Nvidia GT 9800M) should handle 2.5x Internal Res + 16x Anisotropic Filtering fine
Better use Realtemp to check if your CPU overheat or not .But in most cases , your laptop CPU won't cut it

(05-08-2012, 11:02 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Short Answer : NO

I figured =(

(05-08-2012, 11:02 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Your GPU (Nvidia GT 9800M) should handle 2.5x Internal Res + 16x Anisotropic Filtering fine
Better use Realtemp to check if your CPU overheat or not .But in most cases , your laptop CPU won't cut it

Wow I could really handled 2.5x res? and anisotropic filtering =) that could be fun ill try it out thanks lol

BTW Im currently running dolphin 3.0. It doesnt say any revision number next to it and Im pretty sure Im not running the most up to date version, correct? and could that help improve performance?
The latest revision is atm 3.0-631. Dolphin 3.0 is the official release Wink

Note:
newer revisions // a little bit slower, but more accurate
older revisions // a little bit faster, but less accurate
(05-08-2012, 11:22 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]The latest revision is atm 3.0-631. Dolphin 3.0 is the official release Wink

Note:

Ok, i just picked up the latest revision =) ill let you know how it works out thanks for all the help admin89 and defenderX
you're welcome Wink
(05-08-2012, 11:22 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]The latest revision is atm 3.0-631. Dolphin 3.0 is the official release Wink

Note:

Not always. Some recent revisions provide speedups too, and most accuracy changes do not impact performance at all.
i just went ahead on got the most resent revision lol =)

It seems to be working about as well as 3.0 but is compatible with more game titles =) i like it!