Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] Scons can't find shader libraries on Gentoo GNU/Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm trying to compile Dolphin from subversion on Gentoo GNU/Linux. I have, however, one problem: the video plugin refuses to be built because the compiler can't find my nvidia-cg-toolkit. Does anyone know how I can specify the path to my nvidia-cg-toolkit headers to the compiler?

Thanks in advance

I fear the location of the shader headers is hardcoded, and is not using pkg-config. I'll try to see how I can fix this.

Update: I found a workaround for the problem. It appears the Gentoo ports system installs nvidia-cg-toolkit on the /opt directory (third party software directory). All I had to do were the following things:

1) make a symbolic link from /usr/lib64/libCg.so and /usr/lib64/libCgGL.so to /opt/nvidia-cg-toolkit/lib/libCg.so and /opt/nvidia-cg-toolkit/lib/libCgGL.so:

Code:
ln -s /opt/nvidia-cg-toolkit/lib/libCg.so /usr/lib64/libCg.so
ln -s /opt/nvidia-cg-toolkit/lib/libCgGL.so /usr/lib64/libCgGL.so

This holds for a 64-bit Gentoo GNU/Linux system. If you're on a 32-bit system, replace /usr/lib64/ with /usr/lib/.

2) copy the /opt/nvidia-cg-toolkit/include/Cg/ directory to /usr/include/.
Scons is crap ^^
Yes, I know, and I would've preferred Dolphin to be built by the GNU C Compiler. But it can only be built by Scons, so please tell me how I can specify the cg header path to Scons.

gcp111

(06-30-2009, 08:14 PM)itzamna Wrote: [ -> ]GNU C Compiler

Wrong, it's built by gcc, but not by GNU automake Smile they're different packages.

Uhh, if you're sure to have the dev headers built, try setting CCFLAGS or whatever and use pkg_config --cflags.

And I agree, scons sucks. Even automake is better.
I fear the location of the shader headers is hardcoded, and is not using pkg-config. I'll try to see how I can fix this.

Update: I found a workaround for the problem. It appears the Gentoo ports system installs nvidia-cg-toolkit on the /opt directory (third party software directory). All I had to do were the following things:

1) make a symbolic link from /usr/lib64/libCg.so and /usr/lib64/libCgGL.so to /opt/nvidia-cg-toolkit/lib/libCg.so and /opt/nvidia-cg-toolkit/lib/libCgGL.so:

Code:
ln -s /opt/nvidia-cg-toolkit/lib/libCg.so /usr/lib64/libCg.so
ln -s /opt/nvidia-cg-toolkit/lib/libCgGL.so /usr/lib64/libCgGL.so

This holds for a 64-bit Gentoo GNU/Linux system. If you're on a 32-bit system, replace /usr/lib64/ with /usr/lib/.

2) copy the /opt/nvidia-cg-toolkit/include/Cg/ directory to /usr/include/.