Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Why won't dolphin work?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Operating System: Windows 7 64-Bit
Processor/CPU: Intel® Core ™2
Video Card/GPU: Radeon X1300/X1500 Series
Memory/RAM: 4.00 GB
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 3.0-601 64 Bit

I have been trying to get dolphin to work but don't seem to be getting anywhere!
It loads up fine every time and I see my games, but when I try and run any of them the window opens and says 'Clearing code cahe' as the title, and I get an error message saying

Dolphin Direct3D 11 Backend
'Failed to initialize Direct3d. Make sure your video card supports at least D3d 10.0'

After this it all goes unresponsive and I have to force quit the program. I have read all the other forums posted and keep seeing that I have to:
'update my DirectX runtime environment and redlist dll's so that the registry can access the API on my GPU appropriately'
I have followed this advice by getting both:
DXRedistributable: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/det...px?id=8109
Runtime: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

and yet the same thing happens every time! I am quite a novice to pc gaming, but will I have to buy a new graphics card or is there something that I've missed!?

(05-07-2012, 05:04 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Your video card doesn't support DX10 or 11, use the DX9 backend.

I just changed it to the DX9 backend, and I get basically the same message:

Dolphin Direct3D Backend
'Failed to initialize Direct3D.'

so confused. Huh
(05-07-2012, 05:02 AM)iambalaam Wrote: [ -> ]Video Card/GPU: Radeon X1300/X1500 Series

Dolphin Direct3D 11 Backend
'Failed to initialize Direct3d. Make sure your video card supports at least D3d 10.0'

Didn't you read the error? Your video card doesn't support DX10 or 11, use the DX9 backend.
Update your video drivers.
I went into the graphics config of dolphin and have chosen the 'Direct3D9' Backend
it still doesn't work, it doesn't say anything about my card supporting over DX10 any more but just says it can't initialize it.

And I updated my video drivers 2 months ago, and I checked the last time they released a new version of my driver was in 2010
so it's running the newest stuff

My video card should be able to run DX9 right?
so why does it still come up with the error?
Then try OpenGL
You must not have installed the latest DirectX. After it gets extracted, you must install it.
(05-07-2012, 05:26 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]You must not have installed the latest DirectX. After it gets extracted, you must install it.

I've done all that, but I just went and downloaded it all again, and i got another folder full of a bazillion archive files and a setup .exe

I went through the same setup of all of it and it says that I'm all ready to go again

start dolphin a check again it's in the DX9 backend
still can't initialize it

I'm getting close to just buying another wii to play my old games Undecided
Still failing to get this to work, and more bright ideas?
Have you tried openGL yet like Gir asked?

(05-07-2012, 07:43 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried openGL yet like Gir asked?

I've just borrowed a copy of wii sports off a friend, as I got rid of it when I sold my wii. And that seems to work under both the open GL and the DX9

So it seems that the games are the problem?
Any ideas why my Zelda Twighlight Princess and Mario Galaxy don't work?

Also I know I just seem like another 'n00b' that you guys have to help out, but thanks, it did help. I appreciate it! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2