Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What should be changed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got currently i3-540 @ 3.52Ghz pair up with Nvidia 9800GTX and 4Gb ram. Question is i played only 2 games till now. New Super Mario and One Piece UC2. Mario works fine but OP UC2 has the same fps on original clock's as OC-ed one (that would be 27-30 fps on ship in open areas also, only in desert 1st stage 60). So that means 2.94Ghz vs 3.52Ghz = same fps. What should be changed to archive more fps cuz 30fps isn't really playable.

Edit. As I forgot to mention the setting are default. Which means

Configure: Enable DC ON
Enable Idle Skipping ON
Frame Limit 60Fps
JLT Recompiler Ticked.
Graphic: Direct3D11(it gives the same speed as the Direct3D9 but removes white fog/light)
Fullscreen 1366x768
Render to Main Window Ticked.

Enhancements Internal Res : 2x Native (lowering to 650 won't change fps nor incersing to 3x remains 30fps)
Scaled EFP Copy Ticked
AF 1x
Hacks: Ignore Format Changed Ticked
EFB copies to Texture
Disable Per-Pixel Depth Ticked
Advanced: Nothing.
You always have to post your Dolphin settings - Without settings, we cannot help you.

Therefore i reported this thread.
hmm try frame limiter (fps) and set it to 60fps
Quote:Frame Limit 60Fps

That Tongue

You could try "Off" in FrameLimit
Did and got like 600 fps on movies and intro still ingame 30 fps Tongue. Didn't tought that 3.5ghz clark is so weak Big Grin.
About frame limit its already limited to 60fps, but it goes down to 30fps as soon you continue save game.
Quote:About frame limit its already limited to 60fps

Yeah I quoted you to show it to dannzen Big Grin. As you didn't post your settings with screenshots it was more difficult to see. Btw which revision are you using?
i dont read posts... only the topic
Dolphin 3.0-630, also tryed some 7xxx (i think), it didn't help to archive more it was equal.
Check "Fast Mipmaps" (i guess you haven't checked i yet). And try to overclock your CPU somehow. (via the BCLK you can gain some MHz)

Add: Or try ICC optimized Dolphin revisions - They could give you some FPS more.
Like i said default value of mhz of this cpu is 3.06Ghz. While i was on default i got 27-30 fps then i OC it to 3.52Ghz i got no boost in any aspect, the fps remained 27-30. About Fast Minimaps with or without i get same fps (don't ask why got no clue). And i will try ICC and report is it better or the same.

P.S: Just tryed ICC getting 25fps avarage.
Pages: 1 2