Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: PSO 1&2 crash at character creation screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok so I searched the board and found noone that had this explicit error.

Alot of people get the black screen when trying to set the calendar but I get it when I choose offline mode to play then want to create a character. since there is obviously no data I select the first slot with no data and press create character and the screen goes black and 0 fps. I still hear the music from the intro movie but nothing happens. Anyone had this experience or has a solution?

P.S. My system def is good enough PS2 Emulator runs smoothly at HD resolution...
Thread reported due to this reasons:

* No Dolphin settings
* No exact information about the problem (screenshot would help)
Well first off, thanks for searching first Smile So few people do that nowadays. Make sure to provide details like Dolphin settings and hardware specs. We need those, more often than not, to help solve issues. I have this game, but I haven't really played it with Dolphin. I could probably test it on my end later and see if I get anything. For your reference, read the announcements:

Quote:Currently, we have been closing threads that did not follow the rules about creating a proper thread, like not providing PC specs, game name, settings and all of the information that is needed in a thread from a person asking for help.

@DefenderX, we don't like having thread without the proper info, but the OP's description is enough where I'll allow the thread, so long as settings, hardware, and such are posted ASAP by the OP. Thanks for the concern though.
CPU: Intel Core i5-750 4x 2.67GHz
GPU: NVidia GeForce GT220 (1024MB)
RAM: 8192MB DDR-3 RAM
Dolphin: 3.0-601

The problem is as I described: When I get to the character creation screen on PSO 1&2 NTSC and try to create a character on the first slot the screen goes black fps goes to 0 and I only hear the music of the opening video. I only read about people getting black screen after calendar setting but I found nothing regarding this.

If you need any more details I'll gladly give them to you but atm Im not sure what else to add Confused

Quote:@DefenderX, we don't like having thread without the proper info, but the OP's description is enough where I'll allow the thread, so long as settings, hardware, and such are posted ASAP by the OP. Thanks for the concern though.

You're the moderator Wink I'll respect your decision.

@OP: You could try the official Dolphin 3.0 release.

(05-04-2012, 05:41 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]You're the moderator Wink I'll respect your decision.

No worries. You help out a lot here, and I really do appreciate when you report threads. Smile

(05-04-2012, 05:32 AM)Thundro Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is as I described: When I get to the character creation screen on PSO 1&2 NTSC and try to create a character on the first slot the screen goes black fps goes to 0 and I only hear the music of the opening video. I only read about people getting black screen after calendar setting but I found nothing regarding this.

If you need any more details I'll gladly give them to you but atm Im not sure what else to add Confused

Fwiw, I get the same thing. Just tested it right now. Fresh game, no prior saves, black screen, 0 FPS. Can't get past the part where you create a new character I wonder what's up. I don't have 3.0 on this computer, so I can't confirm if 3.0 will help. I could test it later tonight though. One thing that might help may be an existing save file, so I'll see if that helps to at least get the game playing.

You could provide your settings when you press the Config and Graphic buttons, but I dunno how much that'll help (never heard of this error in PSO before). I posted my settings in this thread a while ago.

EDIT: Ok, nvm, I think I found a solution, although it's a bit odd Big Grin I got the black screen and the 0 FPS right after you try to create a new character. Once it does that, I just pressed the B button, and then it starts up right away, and it let me create a new character. Try that along with the settings I posted.

Strange. I don't know why so many people got issues with this game. I've never experienced such issues (haven't played this game for a long though)
Use older builds. Dolphin 3.0 yes or even older ones. Never got such issues with r7590 for example. One last thing : try to disable Dual Core
Having the same issue here now. Tried with different builds, including 3.0. None of them work. Also tried with different settings, including disabling dual core.
They all freeze after accepting the calendar.

It used to work perfectly fine before, and my old save loaded perfectly.
When I removed the save, it still froze after accepting the calendar.

I guess this is the cause of some conflicting drivers/software?
Black screen, 0 fps and music in background ? Press start. I guess game tries to play some video but it doesn't show. And it can be skipped. Similar (but not the same) to XGIII, which is listed as "broken" when it's playable, game just tries to play unskippable video, so you have to wait for about a minute or two and Acclaim logo appears.

0FPS indeed. But a sound-loop instead of the music playing. Tried pressing everything as Shonumi mentioned that pressing B worked for him.
I'll try experimenting with it tomorrow with a clean install of Windows.
Pages: 1 2