Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Possible to rip Gamecube games for Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

rainmanbk

I have researched a little and found only a few slightly helpful threads, old and outdated, but helpful still. It seems a few years ago the only way to rip gamecube games was with the broadband adapter and some software on the computer. Not sure how it works.

However I'm wondering if there is any new development with current dvd-rom drives and ripping gamecube games for dolphin. Any directions would be helpful! Thanks Smile

EDIT: Ok i just tried actually putting a game into my dvdrom and the computer doesn''t even see a disc is inserted. This may in fact not be possible after all.
Nah, let's make this a discussion thread about ripping your own game discs legally, which is totally fine. It's very easy using a Wii these days, so feel free to post links to such tutorials etc.
Umm, I feel very nervous talking about this subject on a forum... But if an admin says okay, I'm blaming you Tongue

So yeah, I used CoverFlow to backup my Wii games to a USB. But I'd love to know an as convenient way to backup my Gamecube games. I don't have an LG Drive or a Gamecube (anymore...)!
Using your Wii again. I'm using homebrew app called Wii Disc Dumper, you can look for it on homebrew channel Smile
seems like that the tools for ripping are illegal.
(07-09-2009, 02:51 AM)MrApocalisse Wrote: [ -> ]seems like that the tools for ripping are illegal.

Um, I don't know where you heard that but it's bull..

I think it requires an IOS to dump over Wi-Fi, but I think you may be able to obtain that legally by dumping it somehow or from Nintendo's servers.

You should be able to dump to SD or another storage medium without the need for the IOS. Wink
Tools for ripping are absolutely 100% legal. If you own the game, you have the right to copy it to your computer.

Talk about downloading games that you don't own, though, or how to get them to run, well, while the talk itself might not be illegal, that's way into the darker gray area, so to be safe we don't allow such talk here. We certainly don't want to be seen as promoting illegal copying.

Everyone OK with the rules?
(07-09-2009, 12:10 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Using your Wii again. I'm using homebrew app called Wii Disc Dumper, you can look for it on homebrew channel Smile

Oh my god, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I'm probably going to find out before you reply but can it brake it down? Because I only have a 1GB SD card.
Cheers! You've made my day!

(07-09-2009, 07:27 AM)ector Wrote: [ -> ]Tools for ripping are absolutely 100% legal. If you own the game, you have the right to copy it to your computer.
(07-09-2009, 07:27 AM)ector Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone OK with the rules?

Yes, sir! Besides, it makes you feel good inside to know you're doing your part for the industry AND playing them the best way possible (in good time Tongue)
Pretty sure there are some LITEON optical drives that support direct reading that you can use to directly rip games to a pc.
(07-09-2009, 02:32 PM)Chaoscode Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty sure there are some LITEON optical drives that support direct reading that you can use to directly rip games to a pc.
maybe ye, but can rawdump use its debug commands to read the data? thats the question
Pages: 1 2 3 4