Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Memory card save files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I'm still really new with Dolphin, I've been playing some Super Smash Bros. Melee through this because my old memory card got corrupted and unusable.

I downloaded a save file from GameFAQs, the very first one listed under Gamecube USB Memory Adapter Save (North America) here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/gamecube/516492-...elee/saves

Now... I have no idea what to do with it. It is a .gci file, and the GC Memory Manager just doesn't even look at it, so I can't tell it to use that.

Is there a FAQ that goes over this step by step or something?

Thanks for any help.
you need to open a memory card file with the memory card manager. MemoryCard[AB].<Region>.raw
for example after you have saved in a game <dolphin>/User/GC/MemorycardA.USA.raw.
once you have a memory card opened you can import an individual gc save (gci file)
Nothing shows up in the memory card manager to open. I must be doing something wrong, I dunno. I have the .GCI file (it came like that) but I can't open it with the manager... unless I'm not supposed to be doing that or something. Remember, I don't have a clue here. :p

edit: Oh! It just clicked, and I understood! I got what you mean now. I'll try it.

edit 2: That's it, I got it working. I had to read it about six times and then finally I understood what to do, so I did it and sure enough, everything is unlocked. Thanks again!

koreandoode

uh, i'm using dolphin 3.5 on mac. i downloaded a gci file from the same website and I tried to find the memory but it wouldn't click it. I tried but it still wont work. help me please

now it says memory card file already has a save
Dude, this thread is from 2012, and 3.5 is no longer supported.