Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: new system: Already runs Crysis, Will it run Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

Just kidding about the title. I'm a long time follower of the emulation scene so I know that CPU speed is king when it comes to emulation.

Haven't upgraded to the latest Dolphin release, was waiting till I had my rig upgraded.

Now that I have a Core i7 running at 4.3Ghz and 16gb ram running at 1866mhz (great memory bandwidth), as well as a GTX 580 was wondering if that's finally enough to get wii games running full speed with LLE audio?

Using the old 2.0 release I had on my hard disk, Super Mario Galaxy fluctuates between 45fps and 60 fps (90fps if I unlock the frame limiter).
Unfortunately even a single digit dip in the framerate ruins audio...

I heard that the new release has a faster implementation of LLE but overall code runs more slowly.

My question: would this mean that I will experience even lower performance with titles like Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid other M if I upgrade to v3.0?

Would also like to know what the status is on wiimotion plus support? Thinking of getting a wiimote plus controller.

I've been downloading games after purchasing them since discovering that my copy of SMG doesn't even get recognised by my LG Bluray drive. Is there an app out there that allows me to rip games so that I don't have to keep downloading iso's after I've bought original?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, I've been casually googling the forums this past week but haven't found definitive answers to my questions.
(05-03-2012, 06:30 AM)mashakos Wrote: [ -> ]I've been downloading games after purchasing them since discovering that my copy of SMG doesn't even get recognised by my LG Bluray drive.

You have violated the rules and everything that is sacred here.
We live by the rules and die by the rules.
Now face the consequences...
Downloading games is against the rules. You just registered today and clicked the profile checkbox telling you not to talk about downloading games. :/

Closed.