Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Curious on my pc specs.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

william959595

Okay, Well as of recent I have been trying to run (harvest moon animal parade) on my pc. I can get up to 300-400% speed (no frame limit on) until the title menu (goes to 150%) in game (inside your house) it stays at about 208%.

But once I go out it goes to 85% (which I don't mind) but once I move further (the camera goes out) and it goes to 66% which then it feels so sluggish. My pc specs are (Windows 7 64 bit, 8gb ram, AMD Phenom II x4 925 processor 2.8ghz, and finally my ati radeon 6570 hd graphics card 1gb.)

I don't understand regardless of the options I change I get no speed increase, I've heard that a few people had troubles with this game. But I believe it's some where in my hardware and I was wanting to know if you guys had anymore of a idea than I.

In terms pretty much it's slow once I go into the open world, I figured it is either my processor or my graphics card since it relies on those two things mainly.
CPU bottleneck
2.8Ghz Phenom II won't cut it since dolphin only use 2 cores
Buy aftermarket cooler , aftermarket thermal compound then overclock it (3.4Ghz)

william959595

(05-02-2012, 12:11 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]CPU bottleneck
2.8Ghz Phenom II won't cut it since dolphin only use 2 cores
Buy aftermarket cooler , aftermarket thermal compound then overclock it (3.4Ghz)

Thank you I was curious, My cooler is already quite good.
But for the sakes my bios doesn't like me trying to edit it as it gives me errors,
Such as bad checksum. (I'm not exactly smart when it comes to editing bios.)
Oddly it lets me over clock the graphic card with no error, Just not the cpu.