Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Something broke (Graphics)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure if the developers are aware of this yet, but one of the recent commits seems to of broke graphics rendering when AA is disabled in the OpenGL plugin.

When Anti-Aliasing is disabled, a blank yellow screen is rendered which flashes between yellow and blue. When I enable Anti-Aliasing, the screen/games are rendered properly.

I think one of the commits pertaining to XFB is what is causing it, but I'm not sure since I know jack about coding.
But why would AA make a blank yellow screen?
AA is not what is causing it, it's when AA is disabled that a blank yellow screen is rendered which flashes between yellow and blue randomly.

It's likely due to one of the recent XFB commits, somehow enabling AA allows the graphics to be rendered properly. :/
I have this happen if I play a game that needs a hack, close it and then try and run a different game.
Something seems to stick in memory...
I find it best to always restart Dolphin before playing a different game.

Never had it just from AA being on or off...
This was/is happening on revision 3593, and happens regardless if I had just launched a game right after starting Dolphin. Enabling AA seems to fix it for right now so I'm not too concerned, but those with older graphics cards that can't handle AA might be. Tongue
Then people with slow graphic cards should either enjoy yellow & blue flash show, or play Matrix-motioned games...?
Thats sad......
It'll likely be fixed, which is why I just reported it in case the developers weren't aware of this yet. Tongue
i'll forward this thread to the dev that made those changes.
That's been on SMS for a long time.