Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problems running games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all, i write this to figure out if i'm doing something wrong with dolphin configuration because i'm not able to run games smooth (only tried the 2 games my brother own).

first of all here my pc specs:

Quad core i5 2500k overclocked @4400
Geforce GTX 260
8gb ram corsair 1600mhz
OS windows 7 64bit

Dolphin version: i've tried several builds (especially for last story's issues), the official last release 3.0-600, Dolphin r6505 by lectrode and 3.0-420 gbea635d ICC by lectrode and the problems are more or less the same on every build.

Games tried: The last story - New super mario bros

Problems

The last Story: i know this game it's not fully compatible with dolphin but i managed to run it pretty smooth (about 25-30 fps) with texture to ram
but with very low internal resolution (1.5x no aa and no AF)

New super mario Bros: I'm not able to play this game at full speed! i'm always at 65-80% of game speed no matter which config i use.

I posted this here and not in specific thread for games cause i want to know if there is something wrong with my spec.
I saw on wiki several people playing on i5 2500k NSMB at x3 x4 IR with 16af and AA at 60fps. I can get decent FPS (about 30) only with EFB to texture.

Can someone help me telling if i doing something wrong? TY and if you need some more info i'm here!
Post your settings please (preferably as screenshots). At least Config and Graphics menus.
Pls post your Dolphin settings (as screenshots if possible, thx)

@AnyOldName: Don't write if i'm writing Big Grin
I edited that twice. You must have just missed it when you clicked reply.
[attachment=7639]

here we go
tRY SETTING THE INTERNAL RESOLUTION TO 1X NATIVE. (Sorry for caps lock, I would fix it, except I'm too lazy. I'm not shouting at you.) Also try skip EFB access from CPU.
Set EFB Copies to Texture. Uncheck "Disable Lighting" and "Disable Fog". You could try "Cache Display Lists".

That's all
With Ir 1x nothing changes..only slightly faster (the game reaches 85% speed)

with efb copies to texture the game seems running pretty fine but i have the known issues about spinning yellow coins and invisible blue coins.

I'm curious to know: is this the limit of my pc or these games have some more problems?
i thought that with 8gb ram i could handle the EFB copies to ram..

Next week i'm gonna take zelda skyward from my bro and i'll also this game
EFB Copies to RAM is needed for the spiining coins, but it causes big slowdowns though. So you have to decide between speed or spinning coins.
EFB copies to RAM isn't dependant on size of RAM, and frequency barely matters either. Also, if you got any speed-up with a drop in internal resolution, then it means that your GPU couldn't handle the previous IR. When you dropped it you were no longer restricted by your GPU, and then you hit the point at which the CPU was too slow for the current other settings (ie the EFB copies to RAM).
Pages: 1 2