Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my performance Right?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everybody, I'm new here. My system specs are as follows: AMD Phenom II 555 Black Edition @ 3.4 Ghz, Radeon HD 4870 512 MB, 6 GB of DDR3 RAM @ 1333 Mhz. I want to play Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda Twilight, Smash Bros Brawl and the likes.

I'm getting about 40-50 FPS in Mario Kart Wii @ 1280x768 with the settings that are in the wiki page, even in New Super Mario sometimes it lags in the 40's with same resolution. From what I've been reading a lot of people are getting better FPS with specs similar or inferior to what I have so I'd like to know if I need to use a different build, or something's wrong with my OS, etc.

By the way: I'm using Dolphin 3.0-601 x64, Dx 9, Windows 7.

thanks a lot.
We need more settings please Wink
Also you can forget playing Super Mario Galaxy at "good" speeds Tongue
Here they are:

[Image: zzHhu.jpg]
[Image: uoMDc.jpg]
[Image: tEo6h.jpg]
[Image: V3Qw6.jpg]

Yeah, about Galaxy I don' have much Hope, but at least New super Mario should perform better, i think? Sad
Set EFB copies to texture.
(05-01-2012, 11:51 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Set EFB copies to texture.

Thanks, works great with that!, I put ir at RAm because thw wiki psage said something about blue coins...
Some things only work properly in games with EFB to Ram, but it's slower. With a weaker CPU, use texture most times and use Ram when you have to.
(05-01-2012, 11:27 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Also you can forget playing Super Mario Galaxy at "good" speeds Tongue

Mayhaps if he unlocks the other 2 cores?

Meh, I once considered a 955.

i5's fine tho.
No need to downgrade.Dodgy
Unfortunately my motherboard doesnt support unlocking. Thanks a lot everyone and crongrats for the good work, keep it goingTongue
So, what CPU + Motherboard do you recommend with a budget of $300? With some overclocking in mind (not too extreme)...
Quote:Mayhaps if he unlocks the other 2 cores?

dolphin is dual threaded
dolphin is dual threaded
dolphin is dual threaded
dolphin is dual threaded
and so on.....

Quote:So, what CPU + Motherboard do you recommend with a budget of $300? With some overclocking in mind (not too extreme)...

Sandy bridge or ivy bridge. A 2500k or 3570K will do well if you can afford it ($300 won't be enough with the motherboard though, you'll need $350-400).

If you decide on a K edition cpu get a Z75, Z77, Z68, or P67 motherboard if you can afford it.
Yeah, but the other 2 cores do tasks in the background, which is what I was referring to.

And yeah, I5-2500k FTW.
Pages: 1 2