Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Howto] Getting DSP-LLE dumps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Are you having problems with the audio in the game you're playing?
Is it choppy, does it stutter? Or are you missing sounds/instruments?
Chances are that you're using the HLE back-end, which doesn't always work correctly.
Don't worry though, as the LLE back-end usually resolves all these issues.

This thread will attempt to show you step-by-step how to dump said DSP files from your wii.

Do I need to dump my DSP ROM from my Wii?
If you are using Dolphin 3.5-1031 or later, dumping your DSP ROM is no longer required for most games (the reverse-engineered versions of these files that are used by revisions after this are also in the attachments below for older revisions). Dolphin can play these games with DSP-LLE without any specific configuration: just change your audio settings to use DSP-LLE and run your game. Dolphin will give you a warning saying that you are not using the official DSP ROM but you can safely ignore it for most games. However, if you have any audio issue using the unofficial DSP ROM, please try using the official ROM before reporting the issue.

Things you will need
- A Wii (you don't necessarily need it to be hacked, but for more info look here)
- An SD card (any size should work)
- A computer (any one that can run dolphin)
- DSPSpy_wii_dump_roms.zip (see attachments below)

To run DSPSpy_wii_dump_roms you going to need a way to run the .dol, you can do so 2 ways (Note: I have only tried method 1, but method 2 [skip down to "How to dump your DSP without using the Homebrew Channel" if you want to use this way] should work fine):

How to dump your DSP using the Homebrew Channel [color=#0000CD] *recommended[/color]

First rename the "DSPSpy_wii_dump_roms.dol" file you've downloaded to "boot.dol" and place it in a folder in your apps folder on your SD card.
Example: [driveletter]/apps/dspdump/boot.dol

There should now be a app in your homebrew channel, run that and it will automatically dump the files for you, I recommend NOT touching any of the settings.

You may now skip the next part and go to "Using the files in dolphin"

How to dump your DSP without using the Homebrew Channel

First you will need to run some kind of program that will allow you to boot a .dol file, I recommend Bannerbomb (v1 for wiisystem menu 4.1 and lower, v2 for 4.2 only) or Letterbomb (for 4.3).

Rename the "DSPSpy_wii_dump_roms.dol" file you've downloaded to "boot.dol" and place it in the root of your SD card.
Example: [driveletter]/boot.dol

Run whichever program you chose as described on its page and the files should be automatically dumped to your SD card, I recommend NOT touching any of the settings.

Using the files in dolphin

You will now need to get your SD card out of your wii, put it in to your computer and look for 2 files called "dsp_coef.bin" (4KB) and "dsp_rom.bin" (8KB), they should be found in the root directory of your SD card. To be sure they dumped correctly check their hashes with a hash checker; for reference the correct hashes are:

DSP_Coef:
DSP_ROM:
Move these files into your Global User Directory "GC" folder, which by default on Windows is located in C:\Users\[your username]\My Documents\Dolphin Emulator. Then open dolphin and select "DSP LLE Recompiler" in your audio settings and you should be good to go Wink

(thanks to Garteal and everyone else for lots of tips)

Note(s): Complete I guess
Nice guide, but pls can you change this line?

Quote:and select DSP-LLE emulation in your audio settings

instead of "DSP-LLE emulation" you could write "DSP LLE Recompiler". Some users are not sure, which LLE they should use ^^
Looking good. I would break up your sentence into multiple sentences though. Right now you have one big sentence.
Try to categorize it a bit clearer. One section for the homebrew channel, the other without.
(05-01-2012, 12:54 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Looking good. I would break up your sentence into multiple sentences though. Right now you have one big sentence.

Yeah, I do that a lot Big Grin btw could someone delete all of these these posts after I finish it Big Grin
Ok, should be ready as long as no one has something to add Wink
It still looks like one big sentence, splitting it into a list would be more appropriate, I guess?

Plus, add some "recommended" note for method 1.

Also, try to use the same thread title format like the old dsp thread did.
I would empathize (by bolding for example) the difference between the two methods so it's clearer where what starts.
You should also try to create paragraphs. Most people don't like reading walls of text.

I agree with neobrain that having a step approach would be easier to follow.

Bannerbomb v1 works on 4.1 and below, while Bannerbomb v2 only works on 4.2.

Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart, Twilight Princess and Super Mario Galaxy are some games that use the Zelda ucode.
Looking good ED2 Smile
(05-01-2012, 01:53 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Bannerbomb v1 works on 4.1 and below, while Bannerbomb v2 only works on 4.2.

I didn't mention that because it says in the link Tongue

I will also be taking all of your guys advice into account Wink
Updated first post with lots of help from Garteal Big Grin
Also does anyone know if LoZ: SS uses the Zelda ucode?
Oh man, I totally forgot about the renaming to boot.dol in the wiki page >_<. Copied over. Great work ExtremeDude2.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24