Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Possibility of fixing issues with Resident Evil 2 and 3?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just wondering if anyone who works on improving Dolphin can have a look a fixing the audio issues with these 2 games?
Been waiting for the longest time for this issue to be fixed but it just doesn't seem to me like any improvements are being made to dolphin these days.
Not to say Dolphin isn't improving, im sure there are many of you that spend hours trying to improve it. All i'm saying, is that, as an end user, I rarely see any improvements to any games these days, and was just wondering if this issue in particular, could be looked at?

Cheers Smile
http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...ells=tiles

Quote:Been waiting for the longest time for this issue to be fixed but it just doesn't seem to me like any improvements are being made to dolphin these days.

Then you haven't been paying attention.

Quote:Not to say Dolphin isn't improving, im sure there are many of you that spend hours trying to improve it. All i'm saying, is that, as an end user, I rarely see any improvements to any games these days, and was just wondering if this issue in particular, could be looked at?

Major game issues are constantly being fixed left and right, unfortunately there are a lot of them. This issue has/is being looked at and has an open issue tracker on googlecode. Just because the developers know about an issue doesn't mean that it's going to get fixed quickly. There are a lot of issues to look at and developers can't address all of them at once. Also some issues are much easier to fix than others.

Also have you tried using LLE audio?
thanks for the reply. I was hoping my initial post wouldn't be taken as ignorance. I genuinely don't follow the dolphin development closely, so I have no idea how often new features are added and how often game bugs are fixed. My first thought was that I would assume the most popular games would be addressed first, which was why I was somewhat confused as to why issues still exsist in games like Resident Evil 2 and 3.
I have tried LLE audio, but it seems to make no difference at all, except affecting the overall performance of the game.

I guess im just getting impatient lol.
If you get 100% speed with LLE, you should get perfect sound. If less than 100%, it will usually be worse than HLE.
i do get 100% with LLE, but the issue is exactly the same. Im guessing the game just isnt emulated properly
What kind of audio issues are we talking about here? Crackling sound? Buzzes, noises?
(04-29-2012, 06:55 PM)AndehX Wrote: [ -> ]i do get 100% with LLE, but the issue is exactly the same. Im guessing the game just isnt emulated properly

The sound isn't 100% perfect in RE games you'll have to live with that
(04-29-2012, 07:13 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]What kind of audio issues are we talking about here? Crackling sound? Buzzes, noises?

Crackling sounds yes. short-time stop of voices or music too
(04-29-2012, 09:09 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Crackling sounds yes. short-time stop of voices or music too

Oh OK, that actually reminds me of the same issues I once had with ePSXe with Resident Evil 2 & 3.

Switching to XEBRA was the best thing I have ever done in my life though.
cept xebra sucks ass for compatibility.
im just hoping it isnt going to take years to fix these issues :S
Pages: 1 2