Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: ~questions~
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1.In Which S.O. dolphin works better?
Windows XP SP3
Windows Vista Ultimate
Windows 7 RC1
All x64

2. If we use dolphin to compress SSBB 8gb version, how much it will become in mem? 7gb?

thanks
1. XP,Vista,x64 will all work. Win 7 can't run much.

2. 6-7gb maybe?

gcp111

(06-29-2009, 06:43 PM)dyoo Wrote: [ -> ]Win 7 can't run much.

Why not? It's not much different from Vista.
Everything I've tried ran great on Windows 7, I literally install hundreds of programs and games on my computer which Windows 7 ran as good or better than Vista.

I would recommend Vista/Windows 7 x64 just because they include native multi-core support where as with XP it wasn't native and there were issues with multi-core. It's one of the reasons for AMD's dual core optimizer on XP, which is not needed with Vista/Windows 7. I'd also recommend Vista/Seven x64 over XP x64 as XP x64 is just Windows server 2003 wrapped in XP's fisher price GUI, Vista is the first consumer Microsoft OS to support x86-64 natively thus solving a lot of the compatibility issues that were present with XP x64 (Referring to having to constantly edit .msi installers for games and other applications).

If your specifications are decent enough to handle the small overhead of Vista, I'd recommend installing/using Vista x64. Also I would suggest Windows 7 x64 as a second choice, it is able to run a lot more efficiently on older hardware than Vista does.

Both are great choices for Dolphin, both can run the x86, x64, x86 JITIL, and x64 JITIL builds of Dolphin just fine. Smile
Win 7 runs everything the same than the others , 7x64 is great for any revs I tested !

How come you wrote that 7 CANT run much , did you tried It or You just dont like the number ^^ ?
I have been told that 7 didn't work very well. Sorry for my mistake. *sorry face*
xp 64bit is fastest (but only by small margin)
after that vista/7 64bit which are pretty same speed with dolphin

with vista/7, it really depends on you to turn off all that junk stuff slowing it down like aero, prefetch, etc

in any case : if you are full into the game and not looking on the fps counter, i doubt you ever notice the difference.
Windows 7 is the best OS M$ has every released. lets just hope they don't screw it up before releasing it officially. I'v run Windows 7 Rc1 64bit and I'm very impressed.

gcp111

(06-30-2009, 03:46 AM)Chaoscode Wrote: [ -> ]Windows 7 is the best OS M$ has every released.

lol, really? I tried the beta and RC1, I thought they were okay. (much better than Vista btw.) I still love XP though, it's their best OS IMO... Smile

Also Vista X64 has driver signing issues. Wink
XP X64 is just a failure.
(06-30-2009, 06:51 AM)gcp111 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-30-2009, 03:46 AM)Chaoscode Wrote: [ -> ]Windows 7 is the best OS M$ has every released.

lol, really? I tried the beta and RC1, I thought they were okay. (much better than Vista btw.) I still love XP though, it's their best OS IMO... Smile

Also Vista X64 has driver signing issues. Wink
XP X64 is just a failure.

I disagree, Win7 is better then xp. Big Grin