Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is there a chance in hell I could get dolphin to run on a IBM Thinkpad T43?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright so I have an old IBM Thinkpad T43 collecting dust... it is not stock specs...

Intel Pentium M 750 (1.86GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB)
14.0" SXGA (1400 x 1050) display
60GB, 7200RPM Hard Drive
2GB Ram (upgrade Big Grin)
Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3
ATI X300 Graphics Card with 64MB RAM
Intel PRO/Wireless 2915 802.11 a/b/g internal wireless card
Fingerprint scanner for security

Stock photo...

[Image: KZZXc.gif]
Yes, although there may not be the required pixel shader version on the GPU, so you'll probably need an ancient build, and it will run somewhere between 2 and 5FPS on even the least demanding games, if not then slower.
Could it run a visual novel game?
Not at any speed, unless it was completely text (and maybe stationary, non animated image) based, or didn't need speed. If you want to try it, then try it, but as I said, you'll probably need to go back until a build which didn't require the version of pixel shader that is now used.
No I think it's to far fetched with that Laptop.
I wouldn't even put down any effort on it.
With this notebook - Forget it, you need something more modern Wink
But I've had to type stuff. Dodgy I'll be slightly disgruntled (nothing more than slightly, though) if (s)he doesn't try something, even if (s)he does SMG just to be humorous.
Sad my childhood!!! lol well it can play DS games at least ^_^
By the way, can you add a "not without getting punched through the screen in a fit of rage" to the poll.