Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Nvidia GeForce GT430 we are officially over... what should I upgrade too?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As you can tell from the title of my thread I am over my current graphics card... I've been told that most any thing is an upgrade from what I have now... I would like to be able to play dolphin games with mostly all the enhancements :3 and keep in mind I want to be able to play games like Crysis 2 on maximum settings.

Any suggestions? please and thank you.
AMD Radeon HD 7950 or 7970 should be perfect for you.

Or the brand new NVIDIA GeForce GTX680, but this thing is not cheap Big Grin
Thanks but it is a bit pricey lol...
What are you willing to spend?
(04-28-2012, 11:39 PM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]What are you willing to spend?

I was hoping to spend up to $200-$250

Q:I've been trying to get the best out of the emulator however I think my graphics card (GT 430) is holding me back...
A: Only happen when you run dolphin higher than 720p .
Q: So i will gain more FPS if i upgrade it to Nvidia GT 550Ti or 560Ti or AMD 6870
A: NO, not a single FPS . You will able to run dolphin at 3x IR (1080p) or 4x IR (2k resolution) though . If you want more speed then either overclock your CPU or upgrade to Sandy Bridge , Ivy Bridge

P.S : Stay away from Bulldozer as possible
(04-28-2012, 11:56 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Q:I've been trying to get the best out of the emulator however I think my graphics card (GT 430) is holding me back...
A: Only happen when you run dolphin higher than 720p .
Q: So i will gain more FPS if i upgrade it to Nvidia GT 550Ti or 560Ti or AMD 6870
A: NO, not a single FPS . You will able to run dolphin at 3x IR (1080p) or 4x IR (2k resolution) though . If you want more speed then either overclock your CPU or upgrade to Sandy Bridge , Ivy Bridge

P.S : Stay away from Bulldozer as possible

Bulldozer? 0.o

Regarding overclocking how should I go about it? my desktop is my primary computer and I do not want to burn it out by being a noob Sad

Also please keep in mind I AM NOT AN EXPERT :p so understand that...
(04-29-2012, 12:01 AM)xnij Wrote: [ -> ]Bulldozer? 0.o
Newest AMD CPU a.k.a FailDozer

(04-29-2012, 12:01 AM)xnij Wrote: [ -> ]I was hoping to spend up to $200-$250
Dolphin is a dual-core application .So :
Pentium Sandy Bridge G860 Or Core i3 2120 + ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 will knock down Phenom II @ 4.2Ghz when it come to dolphin emulation
Pentium G860 is similar to i3 2100 without Hyper Threading (HT) and HT doesn't work with dolphin anyway
Thanks for the info... however I am still going to do more research before I try overclocking because I am not sure if it is worth the risk...

EDIT: btw why is your user name yellow?
(04-29-2012, 12:11 AM)xnij Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: btw why is your user name yellow?

Offtopic, but indifferent. Well, the golden name stands for user, who have more than 1.000 posts. no more, no less
Pages: 1 2