Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: All games I tested are slow on my pc apart from NSMB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

dekadeka

Using 64 bit Dolphin,

Q6600
hd 6870 1 gig
Win 7 HP 64 bit
8 gigs DDR3 OCZ ram(not sure speed)

Every game I have tried seems to be a lowish framerate, obviously Wii games will be worse but even GC games are painfully slow.

True Crime NY was 15fps in gameplay, Sonic Adventure 2 was about 40 sometimes went up a little, Skies Of Arcadia was about 20fps

Wii games like Sonic series are about 15fps, only ever got NSMB working at 60fps as I guess its not a demanding game
You haven't told us your settings and which revision you're using, but it looks like the bottleneck for your system is your CPU. Dolphin is usually a dual-core app, though it can use 3 with LLE audio and LLE on thread enabled. Your base clock of 2.4GHz is kinda low for the games you listed. Some games like Skies of Arcadia are fairly demanding, as they need LLE audio (and a decent CPU). Some games like NSMB, as you noticed, are pushovers.

dekadeka

I didnt put revision as I dont know it off top of head, though did test with latest build 2 days ago.

I normally use base settings unless I can find them on the wiki but couldnt find them for TC,
Just asking because sometimes settings and revisions can make a difference in performance.

But like I said, your CPU's too slow. Dunno if you can OC with your current setup, but it's worth a try as long as you watch your temps. You could try some optimized builds from some of the users in the Development Forum, but there's no guarantee that doing so will result in a speed boost. Still, it won't hurt you by trying.

dekadeka

Well in a few months I will get an I7 over 3ghz but want to play some of my old GC and Wii games now!(i still own the consoles just hate how they look as not 720/1080)
Which i7 exactly? If you'll get the i7-2600k, then this was a good choice Big Grin

If you overclock it to 4.4 GHz, you can play ALL games nearly @ fullspeed.
Quote:If you'll get the i7-2500k or 3570K, then this was a good choice

Fixed that for you.
Although a 2600K would still do it, although for a higher price with little to no benefit.
(04-29-2012, 07:04 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:If you'll get the i7-2500k or 3570K, then this was a good choice

Fixed that for you.

i7-2500K? No such thing, or am I missing something? :p
Quote:
Quote:If you'll get the i5-2500k or 3570K, then this was a good choice
Fixed that for you.
Lol, just a mistake by NV.
And agreed. Get either the 3570K if you can pay for it, or the 2500K.
Pages: 1 2