Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Improve Quality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Hroth

Hello there. I just started using Dolphin and I'm trying to tweak it to see if I can't get my games looking a bit better.

Im currently playing Metroid Prime but the graphics aren't as good as I think they can be.

My PC specs are bellow:
Windows 7 Ultimate -64bit
Intell Q6600 @2.4
ATI 4870
8GB Ram

I think this PC should be able to handle most of what I throw at it. If anyone has any tips on how to Improve my game quality It would be most appreciated.
Post all your settings in "Graphics". To improve the quality, increase the Internal Resolution and/or Anti-aliasing.
Beware both those options will slow emulation tremendously.

Hroth

Graphics:

General:

Backend: Direct3D9
Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

Fullscreen resolution: 1600x1200
Aspect Ratio: Auto
V-Sync: no
USe Fullscreen: yes

Show FPS: no
Keep window on top: no
Render to Main Window: no
Auto adjust Window Size: no
Hide Mouse Cursor: no

Enhancements:

Internal Resolution: 1x Native (640x528)
Anti-Aliasing: None
Anisotropic Filtering" 1x
Scaled EFB Copy: yes
Force Texture FIltering: no
Per-Pixel Lighting: no
3D Vision: no

Like HawaiianPunch already told you,increase internal resolution. I usually just leave it at Auto ( window size )

Also put anisotropic to 16x.

His graphic card can handle 4x IR so he can pump it up to the max
(04-28-2012, 05:42 PM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]His graphic card can handle 4x IR so he can pump it up to the max

I've been trying to get the best out of the emulator however I think my graphics card is holding me back...

specs...

Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bits)
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.20GHz
8GB DDR3 RAM
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430

Suggestions for a new video card? so I can push dolphin further?

EDIT: so I do not leech off the thread too much... well your system specs. look alright I am not an expert at all but I would imagine *if there is* a weak point it would be the graphics card (if I am wrong let me know - again i am no expert here Smile).
Your GT 430 should handle 2x on most, if you feel you need more texture quality you can upgrade tob GTX 560, 550Ti, 680 but your main concern for getting speed should be changing that phenom II if you can to an intel i3/i5/i7 sandybride/ivybridge processor or overclocking further
@xnij
replace gpu you need gpu which can do 3x internal resolution ,simply cause everything under that is super ugly!
your cpu can do very good to medium vs different games.

conclusion:
replace your gpu first! then see how you are standing
btw you need 1gb ddr5 gpu card no less,but can go above.
i recommend this:
VGA AMD Radeon 6870 MSI OC 1GB/DDR5,/2xDVI/HDMI/2xDP/256bit
around 140Euros
Best Buy
(04-29-2012, 12:47 AM)IcemanSR Wrote: [ -> ]@xnij
replace gpu you need gpu which can do 3x internal resolution ,simply cause everything under that is super ugly!
your cpu can do very good to medium vs different games.

conclusion:
replace your gpu first! then see how you are standing

Well actually with my current setup and minor tweaks to settings I got Super Mario galaxy to run nicely. The gameplay is silky :3.

(04-28-2012, 11:59 PM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]Your GT 430 should handle 2x on most, if you feel you need more texture quality you can upgrade tob GTX 560, 550Ti, 680 but your main concern for getting speed should be changing that phenom II if you can to an intel i3/i5/i7 sandybride/ivybridge processor or overclocking further

Well I don't know about going over to intel :/ because for gaming a quad core and my ram should be fine.

The Point: I am not sure if I want to spend $200+ for a single emulator.
you asked for weak point
your gpu IS.
Pages: 1 2