Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Resident Evil Remake (PAL) crashes before fighting Yawn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ykzn

Hi everyone!

In Resident Evil Remake (GC), everything else seemed to work fine until I go into the room (as Jill) where you are supposed to fight the very first boss, the Yawn. It would just crash/stop only when I go into that room far enough, when some cutscene is supposed to come to introduce to the boss fight. Dolphin would just stop with the pop-up window saying 'dolphin.exe has stopped working..blah blah'.

The version I am using is Dolphin 3.0-589-dirty. (I already finished RE Zero with this one without any problem)

My specs are:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz
4GB DDR-2 800MHz on dual channel
Nvidia GeForce 9600GT 512MB gddr3

Now, I tried meddling with almost every available settings but the outcome is the same.

Has anyone ever had the same problem? Please, any ideas on how to fix this problem? I want to play on with this game so...bad!
Remember to search first before making a new topic. This question has likely been answered before, at least a couple of times. Using the forum search or Google saves you time and money (well, maybe not money...)

Anyway, try using the official Dolphin 3.0 release rather than the 3.0-XXX git builds. I think LordVador has tried a lot of the RE games, and they seem to work perfectly on 3.0 for him.

ykzn

Thanks for reminding me to search first before making a new topic. Will be more careful next time! Wink

And also 'Big Thanks', Shonumi, for the suggestion to try the Dolphin 3.0 rather than the 'dirty/git' builds.

I did as you suggested and that solved the problem at once!

Now, it works! No more stops/crashes!

Again, 'Thanks'!!! Wink
Ive finished the game with the same build without freezes or other problems.

Did you use savestats? If yes, your problem may have it roots there. Sometimes strange things happen, while using savestats, so i competely avoid them.

(For example i couldnt move a box after using a savestate. Without this i wasnt able to climb up another box, so i couldnt go on in the game. After loading a "real" memory-card-save, i could go on).