Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my PC good enough?? for 60fps on Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, everybody!! Smile

I'm new here and have a little (problem?) with my PC and Dolphin 3.0 rev. 587 ICC Compiled version by DefenderX for Intel 64 bit CPU.

My PC Specs are:

Mainboard:Asus P5QL-Pro
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3,5ghz (11% Overclocked)
GPU: Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 260
RAM: 2x 1GB DDR2-800mhz Dual Channel
Soundcard: Ultron Ultrasound 5.1
Monitor/TV: Acer H233H 1920x1080p and Samsung PS51D550 1920x1080p. ( But I only play on ONE of them, the other one is off as long as I play with Dolphin) Stereoscopic 3D isn't on.

on this site: http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?ti...o_Kart_Wii is the Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3GHz listet... that Dolphin is running with perfect 60fps. Ive tested so many different options, but the best result, when I see a lot of karts on the TV, the Framerate Is getting down from 60/61fps to 45.

Isn't Dolphin very good for pure Dual core CPU's ??? and my E8500 IS a good Dual core CPU in my opinion... I never get to 100% load, until I found Dolphin Big Grin.

If the FPS is unter 60/61fps, I am searching for the problem, the RAM is 60%, CPU 100%!!! GPU 60%

So the E8500 is REALLY coming to the limit?? but with E6600 it's supposed to be perfect 60fps?? O.o

I hope someone can help me...

I'm sorry that my english isn't perfect... Sad

Greetings
Dennis!

thanks... Smile

Edit: On the non compiled versions of Dolphin it's the same problem!
Maybe this CPU is able to achieve 60 FPS in SOME games, but not in ALL games. If you really want to play all your games nearly at fullspeed, get an Intel Core i5-2500k or an i5-3750k.

btw: Which games do you want to play? Only Mario Kart Wii? And post your settings of Dolphin (screenshots)
I'm playing games like Mario Galaxy 1+2 and it's exactly like in Mario Kart wii. But Zelda Twilight Princess is perfect! And Skyward Sword too!

Okay hier are My Dolphin Settings:

[Image: scaled.php?server=440&filename=unbenannt...es=landing]

[Image: scaled.php?server=17&filename=unbenannt6...es=landing]

[Image: scaled.php?server=812&filename=unbenannt...es=landing]

[Image: scaled.php?server=444&filename=unbenannt...es=landing]

[Image: scaled.php?server=152&filename=unbenannt...es=landing]

I hope it's okay??

Edit: BTW I am german... So I could Speak/ Write german, too xD
Your settings look fine to me. You should probably leave the option "Cache Displays Lists" off if you observe Dolphin randomly crashing. Dolphin seems to crash a lot with that option on, though it varies depending on which game. At least that has been my experience so far.
Yeah, i'm German too, but this is a english forum. We have to write in english Tongue

anyway, uncheck "Disable Fog" and "Cache Display Lists". This options can cause problems. But the rest seems okay so i come to the conclusion, that your PC is too slow. Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 needs an Core i5-2500k/i5-3750k @ 4.4 Ghz to run @ fullspeed (with LLE enabled).

Concerning Mario Kart Wii: Maybe this game is more demanding than others because there are many objects on the screen (other racers, shells etc.)

btw: My 3.0-600 ICC Dolphin Build is out, you can update Cool
uhm.. you guys might think about pointing out the obvious, first... he's using Auto IR, that is a major bottleneck since he's using a huge render window (compared to native IR, anyway) o_o
Okay, thanks!

I've tried it with and without Disabled Fog, and it gave me in some games a BIG Speedup. like Zelda Twilight Princess. This is why I disabled it.

Hmm... I would prefer Amd quad cores because they are much cheaper! Big Grin

Like the new AMD Fx-4170 4x 4,2ghz... 120€ I think with that CPU, I wouldn't have such that big trouble anymore Big Grin

maybe I sell my CPU and Motherboard on Ebay xD and get a AM3+ with this CPU...

Even though the E8500 was more than enough for me =( hmm... how time flies...

Edit: @DefenderX I thought only 587 would be a very "SPECIAL" version and only THIS version would run much better with a Intel CPU... So the 600 build is better? Big Grin
You're false... AMD-CPUs, especially Bulldozers (a.k.a Faildozers), perform very worse. Not recommended for Dolphin Wink
AMD Bulldozers perform poorly on dolphin, you're better off sticking to your current CPU saving and getting a sandy bidge/ ivybridge CPU
Okay! Thank you!!

@DefenderX So I can get build 600 of your ICC version of Dolphin 3.0? It's not slower than your 587 build for Intel 64 CPU's? I've seen it in your thread of the Wii Homebrew site!

Maybe It was a little misunderstanding...
Pages: 1 2