Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 4 year old computer overlocked netplay?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Slaughtz

Hi.

So far with dual core enabled it has run games just fine. However, I'd like to play Super Smash Brothers Melee with friends online. Without dual core enabled it runs at ~50-60% speed. Is there anything I could do to salvage this machine for netplay? Could this processor be overclocked to run netplay at 100%? I'm wanting to play it with the same level of detail you would find on the GC itself or just similar visually (lighting enabled at least.)

Thanks.

My mother board is this linked one if you could suggest any CPUs to replace it.

Operating System: Windows 7 64-Bit
Processor/CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz
Video Card/GPU: EVGA GeForce 8800GT Superclocked 512MB X2 SLI
Memory/RAM: 4GB Kingston DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 3.0-600 64-Bit
no chance
CPU to old
every i-serie Intel CPU outperforms

Cinebench AMD 6000+ R10 Singlethread + Multi
http://oi44.tinypic.com/2mpab6d.jpg

Ivybridge *MOBILE* Cpus non Overclocked single+multi
http://www.notebookcheck.com/uploads/pic...ch_R10.png

you need to half the multithread points due to quadcores... but still doubles you

Slaughtz

(04-27-2012, 06:39 PM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]no chance
CPU to old
every i-serie Intel CPU outperforms
Do you know of any CPUs that would be able to perform as I'm wanting with SSBM netplay? 4 years is kind of old now so I don't see a problem with upgrading my CPU, MOBO and RAM.

Also, if you don't mind, this is my friend's CPU - could he get netplay to run to the same expectations, assuming all other hardware is adequate? No point in looking any more into this if my friends can't play with me.

(04-27-2012, 06:39 PM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]you need to half the multithread points due to quadcores... but still doubles you

I'm not sure what this means. Could you elaborate?

Thanks for the info, it's potentially saved me a lot of fruitless setting tweaks and forum searching to try and get netplay to work for the old comp.
your friends cpu should run SSMB pretty fine

there are enough Hardware thread...
just search the forum
Your PC and your friend's pc must have the same power...
If you upgraded to i5 2500k @ 4.4ghz and your friend had a athlon , dolphin would run slow
Oh wait a minute , your friend has Faildozer CPU ?
Too bad then . Phenom II outperforms any Bulldozer because dolphin only use 2 cores

Athlon != Bulldozer < Phenom II = Intel Dual Core < Intel Core 2 duo < Intel i3/i5/i7 1st gen < Intel Sandy Bridge < Intel Ivy bridge
If you have low budget , you should get Z68 mobo + Pentium Sandy Bridge G860 or i3 2120 which outperform any Phenom II @ 4.5Ghz

I already knew the answer when I read the title Big Grin
(04-27-2012, 09:46 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh wait a minute , your friend has Faildozer CPU ?
faildozer is more than enough for crappy SSMB
Not with single core - net play
Bulldozer is still a lot faster than K8 (athlon 64/athlon x2) even if it does suck. But yeah OP should go for a 2500K if he can just like everyone else.
Or the Ivy equivalent.
Pages: 1 2