Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Ecalyster

Hello Dolphin Community (and excuse me for my first non-formal threat)
My OS X 10.5.8's specs are :
-CPU : 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
-RAM : 2Go 1067 MHz DDR3
-GPU : NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
I recently dowloaded Dolphin 3.0 on this website, and I haven't change any setting (default settings) since I downloaded it (I hope it's enough so my threat doesn't get closed).
I am trying to play Fire Emblem Path Of Radiance (Game cube game) but infortuantly each time I try to open the game Dolphin crashes... So if you can help me I would be greatfull...

(Pardon my english mistakes I am not a native english speaker)
Have you tried another revision of Dolphin? Have you tried to dump your game again?

Ecalyster

I tried the latest Dolphin version downloadable on dolphin's website and the 2.0 version but none of them work... The same problem...
Dump? Sorry I'm not familiar to dolphin at all and I don't know at all what it means...
And I was wondering what extansion does Dolphin read? I undestood that .gcz is specific to Dolphin, right?
How did you get Fire Emblem Path Of Radiance in the first place?

Ecalyster

I bought it but my Game Cube died few days ago... And a friend of mine told me about Dolphin, I was on chapter 4 and I really want to continue the game. But I didn't know how to put my Fire Emblem CD working on Dolphin so I gave it to my friend that gave it back to me as a .gcz file... Unfortuanatly It doesn't work for me... But with his computer (PC) it works fine... So I came on this forum to get some help...
.GCZ? Sounds like the game is compressed.

My GameCube games is uncompressed with the .GCM file extension.
Try uncompress the game into a .GCM file and then run it again.

Or it could be that your friends computer is better then your's or that the .GCZ file have been corrupted on the way hence why it's not working.
- Do other games work?
- Screensshot of your settings
- Try redumping it in a .iso file

Ecalyster

>Gabriel Belmont :
I uncompressed with the .GCM file extension, didn't change anything, it crashed just after puting "Clearing cash code" few seconds after I launch the game; just like the .GCZ one.
I don't think that the file is corrupted, I tranfered it yesterday on my friend's PC and it worked perfectly.
> Zee530
- How can I redump it in .iso file? My friend did that and I don't know how to do it.
- I don't have any other game transfered on my computer, I'll try as soon as I can !
- I have the basic settings and I didn't change anything, it looks exactly like : http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?ti...ance_guide

EDIT :
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=17676
Obviously Dolphin doesn't work on OS X 10.5.X, is there any fix about this?
(04-29-2012, 07:24 AM)Ecalyster Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT :
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=17676
Obviously Dolphin doesn't work on OS X 10.5.X, is there any fix about this?

I don't think there is actually.
I would suggest doing an upgrade to a newer version of Mac OS X or if you have a chance of running Windows 7 in boot camp.

Its23

I'm using Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), and only version 3.0 seems to be working.
Pages: 1 2