Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my computer good enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

mw2tuber

I am trying to run super smash bros melee on dolphin. Here is my computer

Also if I can't run it, do you think i could run super mario sunshine?
Can't run any game with 1.6ghz CPU
Even 1.6Ghz core i7 is still slow

mw2tuber

(04-26-2012, 11:21 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Can't run any game with 1.6ghz CPU
Even 1.6Ghz core i7 is still slow

Ok for ps2, this might be off topic. But do you think I could run a game called: "killzone"?
(04-26-2012, 11:24 AM)mw2tuber Wrote: [ -> ]Ok for ps2
I have no idea...
Single Core Pentium 4 630 is faster than yours . I have a sh*tty dual core Pentium D 925 @ 3.0Ghz . Most PS2 games run slow like hell on it
Isnt he using a netbook?
Probably. Either that or a small ultra low power desktop (a.k.a. a nettop). Those are the only systems that the amd brazos platform (bobcat cores.....ugh) is used in.

Despo

*edit: not my intention to hijack the thread if the first problem hasnt been resolved*

To avoid creating another thread, since there seems to be a large portion of the forum that doesn't take head of the forum rules...

Is my rig good enough? I seriously wonder, its a rig made in 2007 with a small revision when the GTX480 just came out. Its decent old tech and it stands tall in most modern day games. But I seem to have alot of slowdowns trying to emulate stuff. Stuttering sounds and slideshow graphics...

Specs:
Win 7 64bit
Intel Quad Q6600@2.40Ghz
GTX480
8G RAM
2x500GB HDD @ 7200rpm
Fatal1ty soundcard+M-Audio external soundcard.

I do often use two monitors, while playing games I switch one off since... obvious reasons.

Thanks and Hi everyone, I registered to ask this and let's hope I stay awhile and listen (see what I did there?)

Yeah, your CPU is too slow

Despo

thanks for clearing that up.

KingCane

I want to state that I am not trying to hijack this thread either. I want to know if my computer is fast enough for these games. I have an Intel Quad-Core 3.4gz i7, 16GB of DDR3 RAM, 256GB + 1TB HDD, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB on Mac OS X Lion. I know my computer's specs should be good for this but I worry whether my my graphics card is good enough because it is the 6970"M". I have 2GB of VRAM but would like to know if that is okay. Thanks.
Pages: 1 2