Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Worthwhile to upgrade from Integrated Radeon HD 4200 to a new Video Card?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

cold king cobra

My computer:
AMD II 250 x2 3.00 GHz
4 GB ram
Ati Radeon HD 4200 - integrated

Gamecube Wind Waker is slow (It will play 95% - 100% sometimes, but drops as low as 60% when Link goes into larger environments). I was curious if getting a video card would make the game play reliably, or I should forget it because my processor is too slow?

If someone else had a similar setup, and getting a video card helped, I would be interested to know any details.

It is worth it, but only to bump up the internal resolution and if you're happy with the speed games are running at now. Your HD4200 can only do 1 or 1.5x IR before it slows everything down. More importantly than that, your CPU is in need of an upgrade and is the real cause of your games running slow. You could do with a total system upgrade. i5-2500k's are very popular around here and work well.
(04-24-2012, 10:38 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]i5-2500k's are very popular around here and work well.

or a 3750k since it just came out Big Grin

cold king cobra

Thanks for saving me the hassle of getting a video card and still being disappointed.
What speed is your sideport memory running at?