Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Part of screen with strange render
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I've got a problem on some games on dolphin 3.0r458 and 3.0-600.

It's difficult to explain and it's not a common bug. 1/4 of my screen appear on native resolution (I think) when I try to play Monster Hunter 3 and Pandora's Tower.

On Pandora's tower it's all the upper left corner which is affected. You can easily see it on this screenshot:
[Image: 529612pandoragraphicbug.png]
In 3x without AA but it's the same for all resolutions exept native of course

On Monster Hunter 3 the bug is at the bottom of the screen but it's exactly the same. A big rectangle appear in native resolution while everything else is in 2x 3x 4x... and with or without AA or filtering it's the same.

On Mario Kart the bug is different because the upper left corner is in the correct definition but slightly colored in blue and it's really annoying to have a game running perfectly even in 4x but with a blue corner.

On Williams Pinball there is no bug at all with same settings (don't know if that can help)

I made this overpowered computer almost only for emulating and it's way over the required specs. I had this bug with my old HD4850 too and with my father's HD6770 too and 3 different computers. Is this a compatibility problem with ATI cards?
I think you can see my specs in my profile but i'll post it here (i'm new on the forum)

intel 2600k
ATI sapphire radeon HD6970
8Go DDR3 ram
windows 7 premium 64bits
and of course all my Dolphin versions are in 64bits.
Please help me because it's unplayable like this. Angel

Sorry if there is mistakes I'm french.
Your problem reminds me of this issue someone had with Wind Waker. I don't know if the cause is the same, but to me they seem similar. Try using Dolphin 3.0 and see if the issue still occurs. It might just be that the newer revisions are messing with something. You should post your settings that appear when you click on the Graphics button.
set EFB to RAM
and play a little bit with the accurate slider...
switch betweend dx9/dx11

i think i got also a render bug in some games when playing with these settings around
then the 1/4 left corner freezes... and doesnt move on
I've found the origin of the bug. When I check "scaled EFB copy" the bug is fixed BUT unchecking this box was the only way I've found yesterday to fix another bug.

With "scaled EFB copy" checked all the text in Pandora's tower is full of holes with any resolution higher than native.
So now i've got two choices:
1- play with 3/4 of the screen
2- play without text

I also tested dx11 and it's not playable with this game.

I don't know if I should create another topic because now it's another bug.
Please help me I can't play a RPG without text.

This was my first problem:
[Image: 354921pandoratextbug.jpg]

(04-24-2012, 09:43 PM)Powerus Wrote: [ -> ]With "scaled EFB copy" checked all the text in Pandora's tower is full of holes with any resolution higher than native.
So now i've got two choices:
1- play with 3/4 of the screen
2- play without text

or
3- play at native resolution.

Since you mentioned the text is full of holes on any resolution higher than native, I'm assuming native works, correct?

(04-24-2012, 09:43 PM)Powerus Wrote: [ -> ]I also tested dx11 and it's not playable with this game.

Have you tried OpenGL? It's sort of a last result, as it might be slower than either DX9 or DX11.

(04-24-2012, 09:43 PM)Powerus Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if I should create another topic because now it's another bug.
Please help me I can't play a RPG without text.

There's no need to start a new thread. You can post your problems with this game as you find them, and we'll try to help you as best as we can.
Everything is fixed now.
I play on 3.0 but I'll try 3.0-600 I think because it allows higher antialiasing and resolutions.

DX9 is the best choice, using "ram" instead of "texture" slow the game from XXXfps to 17 or 23 so I'll use texture.

I use scaled efb copy for the bad quarter of screen and "ignore format changes" is unchecked to fix the bug of holes in text.

Now i can play this great game with overabused graphics. Thanks for your help and I'll post my settings to help people with the same problem.
[Image: 394965settings.jpg]

Search the forum !!!
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=16989
Accurate Texture Cache : Normal or Safe