Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Framerate down and gargling sounds on Metroid Other M
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
guys im having a framerate dippings everywhere in game, no matter how low the settings are i still keep getting lower FPS from 30 ~ 22, in an area where it is subtle and no enemies to a boss fight, this includes opening some doors whenever im in the save room it falls from 41 fps to 20 flat -_-
also the sound gargles alot on the cutscenes even when im on Dsound both 32Hz and 48Hz and on Xsound both 48Hz and 32Hz

my current specs:
AMD X2 245 Processor 2.9Ghz (can be overclocked to 3.0 but i don't have a cooler for that)
Gigabyte GT220 1gb 128 bit ddr 3 OC (not overclocked)
3GB Ram

Dolphin Emulator Specs:
Dolphin version 3.0 592 - dirty

General Settings:
•Enabled Dual Core Skipping
•Enabled Idle Skipping
•JIT Recompiler

Interface:
•Use Panic Handlers On

Audi:
[Xsound 48Hz/32Hz or Dsound 48Hz/32Hz] (either one makes the sound gargles during cutscenes and some parts of the area

Graphics:
[Direct3D9]
[Keep window on top/Hide mouse cursor]
-on 1x native resolution (receives only 2fps upgrade still gets lowered on cutscenes)
-scaled efb copy (even when off still the same)
•Ignored format changes
•EFB copies: textures
External Frame Buffer: Disabled

Hacks:
•Fast Mipmaps Checked
•Disable per-pixel depth checked
[Disable Fog] (if uncheck boosts FPS up to 41 ~ 44 fps but only happens on some occasions it still goes down on cutscenes and most parts)

None Enabled on advanced options!

the OpenGL settings proved to be the same, they give me a slight boost only on some parts... -_-

also the audio was set to Xaudio2 until i keep hearing the gargling like a wuss...
CPU is too slow
Also, the sound is known to mess up during the cutscenes. Check out the Dolphin Wiki entry. If you can try to OC your CPU further. Even better though, you can get a new CPU. Your settings look fine, so it seems like a hardware limitation.
i have a quadcore 2.2ghz cpu amd x4 also will that work? Sad
The quad-core is even worse. Dolphin uses two cores.
Metroid Other M slows down to 65% for me too.
There is no way you can play it with those CPUs.
(04-24-2012, 02:34 AM)dark_blitz Wrote: [ -> ]i have a quadcore 2.2ghz cpu amd x4 also will that work? Sad

My guess is, not unless you OC it. Dolphin will only use two of those cores, and the base clock of 2.2GHz is pretty low. You'll need to raise that number somehow.

so going quad core is really a bad idea?? that was weird anyways if get my Proc to OC at atleast 3.1 will that do? im really annoyed somehow... but im enjoying the game 100% lol
No way. Probably 3.8+
^how come i saw some vids a guy owning a quad core 3.4ghz and it runs 720p and 50+fps Tongue
Depends on the quad-core! Not all CPUs are equal.
If that person was using an i5 Sandy Bridge quad-core then he would probably get good results.
An Athlon II quad/dual-core with the same clock rate is going to perform SIGNIFICANTLY (!) worse.
Also enable "Skip Destination Alpha Pass" under Hacks. That gave me a slight boost if I remember correctly.
Pages: 1 2