Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What's the difference between JIT and IL?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't recall there being any documentation explaining what's the difference. I'm just curious.
different core
different reactions to certain games

thats all you should know Tongue

stgn

jit converts ppc/gekko instructions into usually-equivalent x86 instructions, while jitil converts ppc/gekko instructions into dolphin's own intermediate language (or that's what i've been told)
We need to make a list that shows which build to use with certain games. Then we wouldn't have threads like this and it would be much easier to use dolphin.

gcp111

(06-29-2009, 06:31 AM)Dartht33bagger Wrote: [ -> ]We need to make a list that shows which build to use with certain games. Then we wouldn't have threads like this and it would be much easier to use dolphin.

This is what I say but people make extremely stupid compatibility lists which don't tell you ANYTHING.

stgn

(06-29-2009, 06:31 AM)Dartht33bagger Wrote: [ -> ]We need to make a list that shows which build to use with certain games. Then we wouldn't have threads like this and it would be much easier to use dolphin.

with all the games i have tested, i experienced no speed difference with jitil.

cmccmc

for me it's about 10 fps faster
So anyone knows which games are better on IL?
compatibility lists are useless anyway because dolphin evolves so quickly. Just recently a whole batch of previously unplayable games were fixed.
(06-29-2009, 07:00 PM)jasong Wrote: [ -> ]compatibility lists are useless anyway because dolphin evolves so quickly. Just recently a whole batch of previously unplayable games were fixed.

That's one of the reasons I stopped updating my unofficial compatibility list, things are changing so much it's difficult or too much of an effort to keep up and it became time consuming to go back and change the status of every game that previously wasn't working.

I just decided to wait until an official release of Dolphin is made, and the official compatibility list is finally updated, then posting a link to the official compatibility list.

Also unofficial compatibility lists are inaccurate, I've seen some members make it a habit to claim a game works perfectly in X revision when said game still exhibits issues/problems. If a game still has problems, it isn't working perfectly.

When it comes down to things, I trust the developers themselves to make a completely accurate compatibility list that can be referenced, which we'll likely not see updated until after the next official release of Dolphin.
Pages: 1 2