Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can I play a game using the original disc?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I found my old Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 disc! Big Grin
It fits in the disc drive and everything, but can I play it using the emulator, and if so, how?
No.

You have to dump your game with Rawdump (on the PC with a special LG drive) or with your Wii (via CleanRip)
(04-22-2012, 05:37 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]No.

You have to dump your game with Rawdump (on the PC with a special LG drive) or with your Wii (via CleanRip)

Thanks for the quick reply!
If I use that, can I play then?

Yes, once you have an iso of the disk you can run it in dolphin.
(04-22-2012, 05:52 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, once you have an iso of the disk you can run it in dolphin.
It can't be read from my disk drive.

Do you have a wii, or a friend with a wii (preferably already with the homebrew channel)?
If yes, you can dump your game with CleanRip and afer that you've got a ISO which can be started with Dolphin Wink
(04-22-2012, 05:55 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]If yes, you can dump your game with CleanRip and afer that you've got a ISO which can be started with Dolphin Wink

Just out of curiosity even if the emulator could play the game with just the disc wouldnt using an iso make it faster because the emulator can just access things faster?

btw nice sig. Smile
Yep, it would do, just like it does in PCSX2.
(04-28-2012, 11:36 PM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, it would do, just like it does in PCSX2.

I was going to mention PCSX2 but I was worried I might get yelled at -.-

Pages: 1 2